Complaint Review: HSBC CREDIT CARD

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 10, 2008

• Reported By:Richmond California
HSBC CREDIT CARD
PO Box 60102 City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

Household Bank Are charging me fees for a card that I ask to be cancelled City Of Industry California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: read your statement

*Consumer Comment: Your option is...

I'm filing this report because I had ask that my card not be renewed with the annual fee and to cancel the card, however they applied the fee that overdrew my card and then they charged me an over the limit and a late fee. Now the card has $300+ dollars in over the limit and late fees. I turly don't think that this is fair since I ask that the card not be renewed. They are now calling me seven days a week five and six times a day. What are my options for handling this matter.

Saundra
Richmond, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-CREDIT-CARD/City-Of-Industry-California-91716-0102/Household-Bank-Are-charging-me-fees-for-a-card-that-I-ask-to-be-cancelled-City-Of-Industry-310539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC CREDIT CARD

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

read your statement

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

If you have an annual fee billing there is a reminder note on the statement the month before it bills so that you can call and cancel the account and the annual fee will not bill. I would also advise making a 2nd call a day or 2 later to make sure the account is closed. The rebuttal from Susan is absolutely incorrect you can cancel any credit card before it is paid in full, you just still have to make your payments on time until it is paid in full. I used to work for this company so I know this information to be correct.

Your option is...

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Cut up the card and pay the bill. They can't close a card you still owe money on.