Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard

• Submitted: Sun, July 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, July 06, 2008

• Reported By:Bergenfield New Jersey
HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard
P.O. Box 80084 Salinas, California U.S.A.

HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard Closed my account with NO WARNING, NO NOTIFICATION, and NO REASON GIVEN Salinas California

I paid my bill every month, and was in good standing with this company (or so I thought!), until one day I tried to use my card and it was refused.

So, I called the company to see what was going on and was simply told, "Oh, your account was closed." I asked, "WHY?" and "Why wasn't I notified?".

I got no answer to why I wasn't notified, and was just told, "I'm sorry Miss, I don't know that information - I just know it was closed. You must have missed a payment or something."

So, I told the guy, "Look, I pay my bill EVERY MONTH, and I may have had a late payment at some point, but I am usually ON TIME, and I have been on time these past months." Again, I was just told, "Sorry, I don't know - the only thing I can do for you is open a new account." So, I told him to proceed with that, and several weeks later, I received a notification that I wasn't approved! CRAZY!

Not only that, but when I found out my account had closed, I was only one payment from being paid off!

So I paid them off and was done with them - what a stupid, unreliable company!

Bergenfield, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2008 12:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services-Household-Bank-HSBC-Bank-Nevada-Mastercard/Salinas-California-93912-0084/HSBC-Card-Services-Household-Bank-HSBC-Bank-Nevada-Mastercard-Closed-my-account-with-NO-347871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard