Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services - Orchard Bank

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:lakewood Colorado
HSBC Card Services - Orchard Bank
1301 E.Tower Road, Schaumurg ILLINOIS Salinas, California U.S.A.

HSBC Card Services - Orchard Bank raised interest from 13% to 30% Salinas California

Shame on them! I phoned today to find out my balance when I was advised due to a late payment, my interest rate was raised to 30 %. The balance on my account is $1400.00. I begged them not to do this to me and with this incease my payments would be at $420.00 per month. I am not a deadbeat, I pay all of my bills.

Obviously I cannot afford this. I have been in good standing with them with the exception of 2 late payments over the past 2 years. These "late payments" were only by days, not even weeks. They informed me I needed to have 6 consecutive months before they would lower the rate. That is $2,520.00 in interest alone on a $1400.00 bill.

I even paid both cards off completely in one lump sum last year. They refuse to cooperate with me. I closed out both accounts completely and am not pondering how to deal with this situation. Was relieved to see I am not going crazy. They are doing this to plenty of others. SHAME ON YOU!

Fed up with HSBC
lakewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services-Orchard-Bank/Salinas-California/HSBC-Card-Services-Orchard-Bank-raised-interest-from-13-to-30-Salinas-California-400363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services - Orchard Bank