Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services Platinum Mastercard

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 24, 2008

• Reported By:Flagstaff Arizona
HSBC Card Services Platinum Mastercard
hsbccreditcard.com City Of Industry, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-462-2016
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

HSBC Card Services Platinum Mastercard Cashed my payment check and purposely did not post the payment to my account City Of Industry California

*Consumer Suggestion: send them a certified letter.

I took out a consolidation loan with my personal bank in order to pay off a few higher interest credit cards, HSBC being one of them. The loan officer from my bank had all the payoff checks printed and mail them. All of the check cleared and were posted to my credit card accounts within one week of mailing. All excpet the HSBC payment.

I called HSBC numerous times and was told that they never recieved it. I called my personal bank and they sent to me the front and back of the check showing that it had been cashed by HSBC. I called HSBC back and they still deny receiving it and now I have to sent it to their "monetary research" department so they can look into it.

First of all, im not buying any of this. They have the payment and it is my belief that they refuse to post it because it pays off the account and they have orders to close the account from me and my bank once the payment is received. I was tol monetary research would take 3-5 days so I call back in 7. Now they say they never got my fax and i'd have to fax it again. But when I asked to speak to a supervisors' suprevisor I was told they did received my fax but that it would take 10days to research. Hummmm.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC and told HSBC I would continue to pursue justice for myself and everyone else because I know this happens far far too often. I will spare you the details of the rude customer services reps or their lack of english etc ad nauseum. Yes, I have spent countless hours on the phone with them and have had to tell the same story over and over only to end up nowhere. I have been told that all interest accrued after the date the check shows cashed and any late fees or other charges resulting in THEIR error will be reversed, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. I will fight it out till the end. I will never give up!

Media reports how comsumers are in so much debt...well why do you think that it. Sure we are partly to blame. I buy things I shouldnt when I shouldnt, but like so many others I've read about and talked to, we pay our bills on time, we intend to pay off our cards...BIG Credit Card companies dont want us to succeed. They dont want us to pay our debts. They found a way to get rich off us, suck us dry, fleece us and they have found a way to do it that we cant hardly fight. It's time Red Blooded American workers take back their power. Our forfathers built American from the ground up with their bare hands, like our fathers and grandfathers...Wouldnt they be ashamed if they saw how what they created was being used against they very people it was created for. The poor customer services reps, they dont get paid the big bucks...it's not their pockets getting full but they have to do they dirty grunt work for BIG Corporate because they need a paycheck too. Remember when the bad kids in class got sent to detention, punished...remember when you stole from your parents or the store and got caught you got punished....your parents didnt want you to grow up dishonest. But how many of those people are the same people today getting rich off their dishonesty and hide it behind fake policy, red tape, hold lines, automated answering, non-english speaking employees...they laybrinth they create to be able to sleep at night.

America, we have the power to change this. It wont be easy, it wont be quick and it will take us all doing out part. If everyone in the world gave me 1 penny, I'd be rich...Well if everyone would come forward and stand up and put in their 2 cents, we'd win!!! A lot of a little thing adds up! We have a voice, we have power and we have knowledge...

Jessica
Flagstaff, Arizona

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Household Finance

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services-Platinum-Mastercard/City-Of-Industry-California-91716-0102/HSBC-Card-Services-Platinum-Mastercard-Cashed-my-payment-check-and-purposely-did-not-post-364482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services Platinum Mastercard

#1 Consumer Suggestion

send them a certified letter.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

OK, you have the proof so here's what you can do.

Have your bank give you NOTARIZED copies of the check that they received that proves that they cashed the check (front and back.) Allmost all banks have a notary in their branches so you should be able to accomplish this at your bank branch office.

Mail a certified, return receipt requested letter to them with the notarized copies of the check attached and affirm to them that they payment was received by them and that you expect them to update their records to reflect that the account was closed effective on the date they cashed the check. Also affirm to them that there should not be ANY additional account penalties, fees, or other costs assessed to the account after the date of the received payment.

IF they fail to comply with this, there are more actions you can take under federal statutes.