Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services (aka Orchard Bank)

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 20, 2009

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
HSBC Card Services (aka Orchard Bank)
P.O. Box 80026, Salinas CA 93912 Nationwide U.S.A.

HSBC Card Services (aka Orchard Bank) NEVER, EVER IN YOUR LIFE GET THIS CREDIT CARD, THEY'RE A RIP-OFF!!!! Salinas California

*Consumer Suggestion: Just because you pay on time

*Consumer Comment: It might not make sense

*Author of original report: Never late...

*Consumer Suggestion: what I think happend from reading your story

*Consumer Comment: late

This company has been reporting me late to the credit bureaus & their excuse was because of new "federal laws" that took place two years ago that stated you can no longer just pay the min. pmt, but must pay late fees too. My wife has the EXACT SAME CARD, we got the cards at the exact same time & we both have paid on time for the past 4 yrs & those laws didn't effect her credit report. My question to them was, how do they chose which acct. holder is effected by new laws, their answer was "I don't know".

Ronald
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services-aka-Orchard-Bank/nationwide/HSBC-Card-Services-aka-Orchard-Bank-NEVER-EVER-IN-YOUR-LIFE-GET-THIS-CREDIT-CARD-THEY-292327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services (aka Orchard Bank)

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dee - (U.S.A.)

How are you making your payments? Are you paying via mail? If so, then you are not mailing your payment in enough time to post to your account by the date due. If you are paying online, you must schedule each payment at least 2 business days from today's date, or pay the Rush Payment fee to have it post today.

If you were not paying late (as you claim) they would not be charging you late fees. Something in your report is just not adding up.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Just because you pay on time

AUTHOR: Pardel - (U.S.A.)

Just because you pay on time doesn't mean it is posted on time. Before I went to the Mio card (a prepaid) I had that happen on my credit card several times.

Some companies do not post the payment as soon as they receive it, they can wait up too 10 days before posting it to your account.

I cut my cards up and went with a prepaid Mio card (stay away from Greendot prepaid). It works like a credit card and bank account combined. I and my hubby have our payroll directly deposited to it and use it to pay bills online and make purchases. This way we never go over limit and we don't go in debt but at the same time have the convenience of MC/Visa protection. Would never go back to a credit card again. No more debt. Don't have it, can't spend it.

FYI HSBC online savings account is not a good idea either. Opened a online savings with them with 30 percent of my weekly pay being automatically deposited to the account, about a year and a half later I needed to take some money from it, was told the only way to take any money 'out' was to close the account. Had to drop out of service and travel home to get money from my local bank savings account. I closed the account and transferred the funds to my local savings account.

It might not make sense

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

but it doesn't seem to stop people from doing so and trying to find a reason why it's someone else's fault :-).

Never late...

AUTHOR: Asize12 - (U.S.A.)

In response to the previous comments, I was NEVER late paying my bill. Think about it, why would I even waste my time filing a complaint with the BBB & ripoffreport.com if I knew that I was late paying my bill? That doesn't make any sense, now does it?

#7 Consumer Suggestion

what I think happend from reading your story

AUTHOR: Sa - (U.S.A.)

I also have an orchard account currently over the limit and it shows minimum payment and current payment due in bold. The minimum payment is the fees due not having an over-limit amount but you did have an over-limit amount so you have to pay the Current payment due or you will get a late fee.

I suggest you read the entire "payment summery" on your statement so you don't ever get over-limit fees again.

late

AUTHOR: Brett - (U.S.A.)

If you are paying late, of course they are going to report you as late. When your account is charged a late fee, it should be added automatically to your minimum due anyway.