Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 15, 2010

• Reported By:Antioch California
HSBC Card Services
Got A P.O. Box # Main Office Out Of Nevada Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

HSBC Card Services won't take payments then charge outragous fees Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: got bill sent payment money order return to sender.

*Consumer Comment: I can help

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: BOFA giving you false info

I got this credit card automatically was charge like $79 activation fee, used it a few times. then i tried to pay off my balance of $278 which i called the company attempting to make a payment over the phone. the customer service rep took my bank account info and told me the payment went through. i told him i wanted to pay it off to close my account to discontinue the service so i wouldn't be charge anymore finance charges or any other fees. he said everything was good. i then went on a trip, i stayed at a hotel that needed a credit card # for conformation to hold the room, i gave the lady the card number but told her not to use it cause i was gonna pay cash. when i checked out a few days later she accidentally ran the card for $210. i said that was okay because i thought my balance on the card was $00. when i got back home i wanted to pay off the $210 and completely close the card for good. i called HSBC to make that payment. they said my accont was over the limit by $300, i said what? they never took the 1st payment for the $279, so now instead of just owing $210 they say i owe $636.18. they say my bank refused the payment. i went to my bank to check. i told the girl at the bank what happened and as soon as i said HSBC she said yeah i heard stories about that card she also said they wouldn't refuse payment and they would have payed it. she said HSBC seeing that my checks were from a newly opened account at BOFA that they wouldn't(HSBC) even try to process it. so now i have alls these fees. and i tried to make a payment with a money gram at walmart but the info HSBC gave me was wrong. it seams that when ever i tried to pay off the account to close it they denied to process it but still charged the processing fee. there sending me to collections for non payments, i got a letter from the unit manager of hsbc telling me to make a payment, but when i call looking for her no one can transfer my call to Stephanie L. DiSabato, the only number to call is for the same customer service reps that barely speak english and don't know how to process payemnt or tell me the right info to do it on my own. i have recorded several phone conversations of the run around, and when i told a manager once he was being recorded, he treatened to hang up on me while i was trying to make a payment. i need help. i wanna pay this off but don't want to may them any extra. there rip offs.

Cwkone
Antioch, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada/HSBC-Card-Services-wont-take-payments-then-charge-outragous-fees-Las-Vegas-Nevada-315070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services

got bill sent payment money order return to sender.

AUTHOR: Fred96002001 - (U.S.A.)

mailed payment in full amount of $639 and some change. Mailed payment to HSBC card services PO box 5222 carol stream IL 60197-5222 . after about an week i get my money order back. I called them about it and they told me that account is not valid. This was the first bill i got from them. I don't know who opened this account i think i may be an victim of id theft but i did not want the negative effect on my credit report so i just went ahead and tried to pay it.  What might happen to this account now. All i was told that it is subjected for deletion. one of my ex roommates stolen my identity and took out large amounts of cash advances in my name. I took him to court and it was removed. maybe this is something he did too. He is in federal jail now so i cant ask him. I know this account was not my debt.

I can help

AUTHOR: Brandy - (U.S.A.)

I have an HSBC card, never a single problem but I pay all my credit card payments on time.

Call 1-800-435-1415 and make your payment over the phone. I pay mine at the web site and they go thru just fine.

Did you ask B of A if they even got the check when you paid the $279. I've taken checks over the phone for insurance premiums and you wouldn't believe how many people can't read they're own checking acct number right off their own checks. It's a scream.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

BOFA giving you false info

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

HSBC would not, not accept a payment just because it was a new checking account. If I were you I would go back to the branch where you spoke to the girl about this and speak to a manager. No employee of a bank should make disparaging remarks about another bank and for her to say that HSBC could tell it was a new checking account and that is why they refused payment, honestly does that make sense to you?, that a bank could get a payment but just because its a new account they don't process it? That makes absolutely no sense. I am sorry that you got incorrect info on the moneygram but that is a quick way to make a payment. That was probably a Annual fee they don't typically have activation fees, and as soon as you make one charge on the credit card you are responsible to pay the Annual fee whether you want to close the account or not, you should read the card member agreement before using ANY credit card.