Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 13, 2007

• Reported By:Battle Creek Michigan
HSBC Card Services
householdbank.com Salinas, California U.S.A.

HSBC Card Service ripoffs HSBC and all the banks they supply credit cards to try and screw the little guy we should gather together and file a class action lawsuit against them. Salinas California

*Author of original report: yea I may not have a case but it does good to vent.

*Consumer Comment: Interesting II

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

*Author of original report: I am not the one who is inciting a lawsuit the company is.

*Consumer Comment: OK.....

HSBC likes to charged me a returned check fee and an over the limit fee when I accidently put the wrong account number on my online debit.

I fixed it before they even contacted me. I then repaid my bill still 2 weeks early and paid another $100.00 to keep my balance low and they put my payments on a hold status.

I first thought they were going to charge me another 148.00, but one of the payment hold disappeared. I tried to get my return check fee and over the limit fee refunded back but they said that is not the banks policy to refund these fees.

They will probally hold my other payment until they can charge me another over the limit fee, But I am going to pay them some more to keep it down. Their customer service is horrible everyone is in India. Even there emails get sent to India. I threatened with a class action suit or a lawsuit and they do not seem to understand. They must not have lawsuits in India. Well in the U.S. we have lawsuits and class action suits. I think we the little guys should unite and file a class action suit against HSBC for like 40 BILLION dollars. That would give the credit card companies a wake up call. Maybe they would start treating us like people instead of numbers and statistics.

Christopher
Battle Creek, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services/Salinas-California-93912-0084/HSBC-Card-Service-ripoffs-HSBC-and-all-the-banks-they-supply-credit-cards-to-try-and-screw-1029508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services

yea I may not have a case but it does good to vent.

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

I fixed my mistake because I was checking everyday to see when the money was going to be drafted out of my account. When I saw that is was taking longer then other banks to do it thats when I went back online to see what the problem was then I fixed the problem and resubmitted the payment.

The problem was I added an extra zero in a series of zeros. I was willing to pay the extra $70.00 for my mistake. A lawsuit might sound trival but part of it was me venting at someone besides HSBC useless customer service. The United States is the land of free speech is not like I am going after an individual I am was ranting about a faceless corporate credit card company.

Everyone knows you have to walk a razors edge with the credit card companys or they will charge some kind of fee. I think people should be able to charge fees to credit cards who make mistakes. Also if some has a credit on their credit card such that the credit card company owes the individual holder of the card money then The individual should earn interest at the same rate the credit card charges interest until the credit card company sends a credit balance check.

What do think of that. An individual earning 20% from their credit card account because they have credit owed on there credit card account. Maybe we should right bill for congress on that one. It would be the new method of investing having extra credit on credit cards earning money at the same rates that the banks charge individuals who use their card. The banks would still make money heck the debt for the average american is between 8000-13000.

Interesting II

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Read the article about the class action lawsuit aganist trim spa. Do you know what the consumer got? A free bottle of some diet drink AND a $5 coupon. Of course the attorney's got millions. The consumer got di**. As for the companies, they just jack their prices up to cover any "losses" and pass it on to the consumer. In the end, the consumer pays more and the company isn't out a penny.

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

"HSBC likes to charge me a returned check fee....because I put the wrong account number on my online debit". So in other words are you telling us that account was someone else's OR that account didn't have any money in it? Same thing as paying with a bad check. How did it come to your attention BEFORE they contacted you? Kind of hard to scream lawsuit when you're the one that caused the problem to begin with.

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I am not the one who is inciting a lawsuit the company is.

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

I was perfectly happy paying the $70.00 in the over the limit fee and returned check fee after I complained, I even had my account information fixed before my bill was due and a new payment resubmitted. But then the payment hold fee and the callous way they handle customer service is what really made me mad. This is the first time I have ever had a return check fee on a credit card payment. I plan on paying this card off as soon as possible. But I think its time the American people stood up against the faceless corporate credit card companies and credit lenders. The Credit card companies made 12.8 billion dollars in latefees alone last year. People here about lawsuits against credit card companies for 100 million dollars, but thats a drop in the bucket to a company that has $300+ Billion in assets. Thats why I mentioned such a huge amount($40 billion) because maybe it would make the credit card companies stand up and take note. What ever happened to the local neighborhood bank?. The answer to that is corpoate greed. The United States is the land of the brave and the home of the free. The U.S legal system is designed to help people against injustices thats why there lawsuits. Now a class action suit of such magnitude would probally require in the neighborhood of 150,000+ signatures, so I really do not see it happening unless corporate america really upsets a lot of people.

OK.....

AUTHOR: Duane - (U.S.A.)

so EXACTLY what are you going to sue for? Are you going to sue them because you made a mistake that caused the problem?

I understand you may not be happy because of being charged some fees. but the fact of the matter is that you made the error and they are responding exactly how they told you they would - read it in their terms. You had to have agreed to it in order to get the account.

Be more careful, and you wont have this problem. Take responsibility for your error and stop coming in here trying to encite a lawsuit riot.