Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services

accountcentralonline.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

HSBC Card Services Credit Limit Decrease caused me to be over my limit Online Natiownide

I went online on 2/25 to double check that my payment was due. Nothing looked unusual and I setup my payment. I checked back on 3/1 and suddenly, I have a giant stop sign on my account saying I am over my credit limit.

I saw my limit decrease by $610.00. I read anything I get from my creditors cover to cover and I can assure you, I did not receive anything from them. Our call to them was the scripted "business decision" talk and that was it.

We have never been late on our payments. We have never went over our credit limit. We even have several other cards through them (2 of the 4 have gotten limit decreases as well!) and none of those cards have ever been paid late either!

I, like many others, have heard about possible credit decreases just because of the economy. However, a company slashing my credit without any warning is unacceptable to me. I'm sure in some little tiny print somewhere it says they can do it, so they haven't broken any "law", but, they have lost my trust. For a company that is trying to combat a multi-billion dollar loss, I'd think they would want to keep the customers that they have that are on time and credit worthy.

Eastlake, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services/nationwide/HSBC-Card-Services-Credit-Limit-Decrease-caused-me-to-be-over-my-limit-Online-Natiownide-430362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services