Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services

• Updated: Thu, February 01, 2007

• Reported By:Leonia New Jersey
HSBC Card Services
hsbcaccept.com/cashback Nationwide U.S.A.

HSBC Card Services - HSBC Credit Card Services ripoff beaware of Balance Transfer Fees Navada Bank HSBC Bank Navada Nationwide

*Author of original report: Follow-up with HSBC

I received a Credit Card solicitation offer in the mail from HSBC Card Services. I called and was given a credit line which the representative worked with me to apply to my other credit cards with out-standing balances. I made the transfers. The man said that the balance trasfers could take as much as 3-4 weeks. It took 2 1/2 weeks. I called to find out what was going on and to my surprise found that I was already over the credit card limit. I owed $71. I called their 866 number and was told that there were Transfer Fees (3% to a max of $99 per transfer). My original rep did not disclose this to me.

Before, I had just applied for another Credit Card with Chase Bank and made a similar transfer with NO fees. I would recommend them.

In the fine print, the HSBC manager pointed out that a "cash transfer" has associated fees. A balance transfer to pay another credit card is considered a "cash transfer". This is un-fair and in my opinion not properly disclosed on the HSBC Credit card solicitation offer I received.

Cyril
Leonia, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services/nationwide/HSBC-Card-Services-HSBC-Credit-Card-Services-ripoff-beaware-of-Balance-Transfer-Fees-Nav-227623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services

AUTHOR: Cyril - (U.S.A.)

Other than Transfer Fees, HSBC has performed above expectation. I would recommend them as a Credit Card company.