Complaint Review: HSBC Credit Services

• Submitted: Tue, May 18, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Screwedover — bronx New York U.S.A.
HSBC Credit Services
PO Box 17602 Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

HSBC Credit Services Liars, thieves Baltimore, Maryland

For me and my wife wedding we used the store credit card of Davids Bridal to purchase the wedding dress and other accessories. The credit came from HSBC credit services.  We got a no finance charge on certain promotions they offered us.  When I contacted them in February of 2010 to find out the payoff amount on the card, they gave me the amount. I promptly sent payment via my bill pay and they recieved payment the next buisness day.  The following month I recieve a bill that stated I owed more money. When I called the customer service department they stated that I had a promotional balance due.  I stated that I paid everything in full. I was quoted the amount and it was paid immediately.  The rep stated that the amount given did not include the finance charges because they system doesnt allow them to know the amount that will be added the next month when there show have been no finance charges. They billed me over one hundred dollars.  I contacted the BBB and they contacted HSBC on my behalf. HSBC did not answer the complaint.  Then they sent me a bill two months later stating a missed payment, when I never recieved a bill for that month because according the another rep it was listed as paid. One rep stated one thing the other said it was paid. So i was stuck with a late payment fee because there system was screwed up.  Be careful when doing business with HSBC, they screwed me over...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Credit-Services/Baltimore-Maryland-21297/HSBC-Credit-Services-Liars-thieves-Baltimore-Maryland-604471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Credit Services