Complaint Review: HSBC Direct Merchants Bank; HSBC Bank, Nevada

• Submitted: Wed, September 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 10, 2008

• Reported By:Amelia Courthouse Virginia
HSBC Direct Merchants Bank; HSBC Bank, Nevada
directmerchantsbank.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

HSBC Direct Merchants Bank; HSBC Bank, Nevada Closed 15 year old account w/perfect credit history for 6 mos "inactivity" Las Vegas Nevada

Direct Merchants Bank, HSBC mailed me a letter informing me that they closed my oldest account with a $25,000 credit limit due to "inactivity." After researching other complaints I am not going to attempt to have them reactivate but I want to warn others.

I have (had) a perfect history with them, have never paid late and have carried high balances with them (over $8K) in the past. I will attempt to have the 3 credit reporting agencies note that the account was "closed due to inactivity" so it doesn't just say "closed by lender." I'm not worried about my FICO score because I have great credit however this could really hurt others who don't have established credit.

I am about to pay off another HSBC account that I opened because it offered a 0% APR for 12 months and I have decided I will close the account after it's paid off. I won't give my money to a company that punishes long-time loyal consumers.

Katie in Virginia
Amelia Courthouse, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2008 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Direct-Merchants-Bank-HSBC-Bank-Nevada/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89193/HSBC-Direct-Merchants-Bank-HSBC-Bank-Nevada-Closed-15-year-old-account-wperfect-credit-371530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Direct Merchants Bank; HSBC Bank, Nevada