Complaint Review: HSBC - Household Bank

• Submitted: Tue, January 01, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2008

• Reported By:Fayetteville North Carolina
HSBC - Household Bank
P.O.Box 81622 Salinas, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-477 6000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

HSBC - Household Bank Dishonors Due Dates Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: Please robert, name one other company that sends a paper bill with the 'due date' clearly listed

*Consumer Suggestion: Not just Household

*Consumer Comment: This is an old trick....

*Consumer Comment: Name One Other Company robert

*Consumer Comment: Well, now you know to pay it BEFORE the due date.

I've held a credit card account with HouseHold Bank since 2003.

At 8:45am on August 2007, I made an instantaneous e-payment on my account on the due date.

I received a warning that if I did not agree to an additional $15 fee, my on-time payment would still be considered a day late.

To avoid a bruise on my credit report, I paid the extortion.

I wrote a polite letter to HouseHold's Customer Service address, requesting the return of my $15. The letter was ignored.

I wrote two online messages.

HouseHold Bank sent a friendly reply, declining to return my $15. My polite follow up message was ignored.

With an interest rate of over 18%, HouseHold Bank has earned well over a thousand of dollars on my account over the years. That was according to our agreement; I don't fault it for that.

I deal with a number of banks; everyone, except HouseHold Bank honor their due dates. This compliant letter only addresses the latest of 4 due date frauds. I should have closed the account the first time.

Shawn
Fayetteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2008 01:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Household-Bank/Salinas-California-93912-1622/HSBC-Household-Bank-Dishonors-Due-Dates-Salinas-California-296029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC - Household Bank

Discover

This is a FACT.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Not just Household

AUTHOR: South Texas - (U.S.A.)

Providian (WAMU) does the same thing... and very likely others.

No excuse though, because if you've paid online you have to regisiter to do so... and you agree to the rules beforehand.

This is an old trick....

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Many credit card companies do this....including WaMu....If I pay online on the due date, I have to pay $12.95....Just remember to schedule in advance the next time.

Name One Other Company robert

AUTHOR: Guy - (U.S.A.)

Please robert, name one other company that sends a paper bill with the "due date" clearly listed, but then charges you a "rush" fee to pay on the said "due date." Also, please define "due date", and please enlighten us with a quick run-down of electronic payment processing technology.

Thanks

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You agreed to the fee when you made the payment. I am also guessing that there is some sort of fee schedule in you account terms and conditions stating you would be charged for a payment made on your due date.