Complaint Review: HSBC (Household Bank)

• Submitted: Sun, November 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2007

• Reported By:MERCED California
HSBC (Household Bank)
http://www.rewardzonemastercard.com Salinas, California U.S.A.

HSBC (Household Bank) Rush Payment Fee Ripoff Due Date Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: Columbus Day?

I had a payment with my Best Buy Credit Card issued through HSBC due on Monday October 8th. On the evening of Thursday October 4th I went to make my payment online. Come to find that they are not processing anything on the 8th due to Columbus Day -- so a regular payment would not be processed until the 9th. If I did that then my payment would be considered late -- unless I paid the $15 rush processing fee to get my payment to post on the 5th.

So here I am paying my bill 4 days before the due date and yet because their system is so screwed up and archaic I'm forced to pay $15 to avoid late fees.

On the evening of the 4th I called HSBC to see if they would be willing to waive the $15 processing fee due to how the weekend fell and such. I was told I'd have to call back and talk with a Supervisor. I agreed to do so.

On the morning of Friday the 5th I called and spoke with Erin, a supervisor and was told that it could not be waived because it's a "processing fee" and then she proceeded to tell me that this was my "error" and it's my fault. Yes, my fault for trying to pay my bill 4 days before the due date. After back and forth arguing over it for at least 15 minutes she still would not waive the $15 processing fee.

I think this practice is really uncalled for as I have no other credit card that tries to pull one over on me for paying on time.

I plan on paying off this card, tearing it up and will not do business with HSBC or Best Buy again with practices like this.

Mark925
MERCED, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2007 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Household-Bank/Salinas-California/HSBC-Household-Bank-Rush-Payment-Fee-Ripoff-Due-Date-Salinas-California-282895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC (Household Bank)

Columbus Day?

AUTHOR: Faron - (U.S.A.)

Columbus Day has always been a bank holiday. It seems if you make a payment on a Thursday and it takes two days to process (by what your complaint is), and you have to exclude Saturday, Sunday and the holiday (Monday); the payment will process on Tuesday. This should be nothing new. No bank would accept payment on Columbus Day. You have not been ripped off.