Complaint Review: HSBC MORTGAGE Services

• Submitted: Tue, April 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 11, 2008

• Reported By:North Bergen New Jersey
HSBC MORTGAGE Services
1352 Charwood Hanover, Maryland U.S.A.

HSBC MORTGAGE Services Harassing phone call at work and home Hanover Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Happening to me too

*Consumer Suggestion: Billpay services can be tricky....

I have never been late with a mortgage payment. My payments are made by my bank using bill pay. Yet HSBC calls me at work and home asking me to pay my mortgage payment. I always check my bank account on line and HSBC is always paid on time. HSBC has a serious problem. It is not my responsibility to make sure there record keeping is correct. I have asked them not to call me at work yet they continue to do so. What I can I do? This is serious and it gets me sick to my stomach. This type os harassment should be ilegal. I am so nervous all the time thinking about my mortgage payment did HSBC get and are they going to ruin my excellent credit rating. I never even heard of HSBC until my mortgage was assumed by them. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

I wish some lawyer would pick this up and file a class action law suit.

Anonymous in new jersey
North Bergen, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2008 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-MORTGAGE-Services/Hanover-Maryland-21076/HSBC-MORTGAGE-Services-Harassing-phone-call-at-work-and-home-Hanover-Maryland-329451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC MORTGAGE Services

AUTHOR: Barb - (U.S.A.)

I have the same problem but instead of just calling me once they will call me 3 times in one day and when I speak to customer service it is showing that my account is up-to-date. This happens every single month. Even when I tell them to stop calling my husband at work they continue to do it. Someone in thier company needs to get their recordkeeping on track.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Billpay services can be tricky....

AUTHOR: R. - (U.S.A.)

Just because you see the money as no longer available in your checking account, does not mean that your lender has the payment. In many cases, mortgage companies will not accept bank-to-bank wires. US Bank Home Mortgage, for example, will only accept a wire transaction through Metavante or Checkfree. So if your bank uses a billpay through any other company then a paper check is mailed.
When that happens, your account is debited the amount of the payment, a certified check is created and mailed to the address you entered when setting up the billpay service.
If I were you, I would ask your mortgage company if they accept bank wires and if not, from which billpay services (if any) will the company accept wires?
That should get you started on the right path to finding answers to your questions.
Good luck!