Complaint Review: HSBC Mortgage Services

• Updated: Wed, January 26, 2011

• Reported By: James — Terre Haute Indiana United States of America
HSBC Mortgage Services
P.O. Box 3425 Buffalo, New York United States of America

HSBC Mortgage Services HSBC, Household Bank Runaround and ripped me off after a check bounced that they told me to cash! Buffalo, New York

After I did not receive my escrow surplus disbursement on Dec. 16th, 2010 I contacted HSBC and was told to wait another day and call back if I still did not have it. I called on the 17th and was told they would put a stop payment on the check and issue a new one. On Dec. the 20th I received a check dated Dec. 17th on the envelope, so I called HSBC back to ask if this was the check that the stop payment was on and they said that I could go ahead and cash it. I cashed the check and it bounced causing me over $140 in fees.

I called them again and they told me to have my bank fax me the info and they would pay the fees back. Well I did that and they then sent me a form letter saying they researched the issue and would not make good on the fees. After calling again I got the runaround and bottom line was told it doesn't matter what they told me on the 20th, the 17th they told me that they had stopped payment and it was my fault.

I believe I did what I should have done and since they told me to cash the check then they should make good on the fees!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2011 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Mortgage-Services/Buffalo-New-York-14290/HSBC-Mortgage-Services-HSBC-Household-Bank-Runaround-and-ripped-me-off-after-a-check-boun-687137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Mortgage Services