Complaint Review: HSBC Mortgage Services

• Submitted: Tue, April 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 25, 2009

• Reported By:warner robins Georgia
HSBC Mortgage Services
hsbcmortgageservice.com Orange, California U.S.A.

HSBC Mortgage Services Loss Draft Hsbc is refusing to pay for water damges with the money from my insurance company Orange California

*Consumer Comment: I feel your pain

I have had water damages to my home. and i been trying to get HSBC to send the money my insurance company sent them.I had this damage done in feburary of 08 and i am still getting the run around.my insurance company wrote the check in my name and HSBC name.So hsbc told me to endorce the check to them and they will send it back whene i find a contractor to do the work. so when i found a contractore they told me contator needed to send a proposal.so they did.then HSBC said they are going to send the check so the contractor can start repairs. the check never came. then i call them they told me they never recieved the check i sent them.so i call my insurance company to do a stop payment they told me it was to late the check has been cashed.Hsbc told me they did not cash the check. but i found out they did cash the check and they had missed placed it.

I called them in told them where the money was they still denied that they had the money.it took 4months before they atmitted they cashed the check.so while i am whating for them to find out which one of there people cashed the check the water damage was getting worse i tried to explain to them about the bug problem and problem with rats comming in my houes.but they seem like they did not care i had one of there employes to hang the phone up while i was talking to her.when they did send the money the problem had gotting worse. there for it is going to cost me more money then it would of cost if the problem was taking care of when it happen.so know i had to find another contractor that was willing to work with me on the price.

know hsbc telling me the contactor need to send them a waiver of there contract before they can send out another check. the probleme now is the frist contractor is pist and know that they will not be doing the job they are not going to send them anything.so becoues of there mistack i will not be getting my houes repaired. becoues i dont have the money i have to pay out my pockite and pay my mortgage i have had enough of thise i am thinking about just moving becoues i can not force my family to live in this filth. it ant like i will ever own this houes unless i hit the lottery. and HSBC do not care

Ron
warner robins, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2009 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Mortgage-Services/Orange-California-92856/HSBC-Mortgage-Services-Loss-Draft-Hsbc-is-refusing-to-pay-for-water-damges-with-the-money-445537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Mortgage Services

I feel your pain

AUTHOR: Angry In Va - (U.S.A.)

I am having trouble getting money they owe me too. It hasn't been that long but I'm sure that it isn't going to be easy. It's already been difficult. I filed a report with the BBB last week and now my contact said I should be hearing from Costomer relations exec. Hope I get somewhere now. Try the BBB.
I don't think anyone balances the checkbooks there. If consumers were this irresponsible with our money we would have charges taken out on us.