Complaint Review: HSBC Mortgage

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:Dover New Jersey
HSBC Mortgage
2929 Walden Ave Depew, New York U.S.A.

HSBC Mortgage DO NOT listen to the lies about a lower mortgage rate! Depew New York

Beneficial Mortgage was bought by HSBC. They contacted us to lower our morgage rate from 9% to 6.75%.
We had completed all the necessary paperwork and had the appraisal completed.

After putting all new windows and doors and a new roof on the house, the appraisal came in $60,000 below last year!

I spoke with Molly Shumaker, who told me that the only way to get a mortgage now was to bring $18,000 to the closing!(We did have a credit card bill of $10,000 that we wanted to pay off-no other outstanding creditors). If we didn't want HSBC to pay off the creditor, we only needed to bring $9,000 to the closing!!!

We were grossly misled, and I was treated with disrespect and Molly's attitude was very condescending when she heard that I was not going to bring her $18,000.She said there was nothing more she would do to help. I obviously told her to close the file, as this was not going to happen!.

This was the worst company that we ever dealt with, and my husband and I are very skeptical to even try to refinance now even though times are really tough!

I hope anyone going for a mortgage or refinance will not use HSBC.

Denise
Dover, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Mortgage/Depew-New-York-14043/HSBC-Mortgage-DO-NOT-listen-to-the-lies-about-a-lower-mortgage-rate-Depew-New-York-399915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Mortgage