rank

• Submitted: Tue, January 29, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 05, 2008

• Reported By:Syracuse New York
HSBC| Orchard Bank Credit Card Services
WWW.ORCHARDBANK.COM Salinas, California U.S.A.

HSBC| Orchard Bank Credit Card Services THE WORST CARD FOR THE BEST PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT Salinas California

*Consumer Suggestion: I bet I know how this happened

*Consumer Comment: I would have to disagree

"The best card for people with bad credit." What a crock of shit! I'm writing this letter on my husband's behalf. As soon as his current balance is paid off his account will be terminated! Why, I'll tell you why, read on! I can't even imagine how long HSBC\Orchard Bank has been screwing my husband with bullshit fees that keep popping up on his card statements. Unlike my husband, I watch and read every credit card statement that comes our way. Grant it, in the past my husband's credit status may not have been the best, but that has been changing, and is about to change even more starting with the elimination of his Orchard Bank Credit Card. Trust me he doesn't need their card!

The first dilemma began when I noticed on his previous statement that there was a charge of $9.99 for something called HSBC Credit Keeper. Upon noticing this on his billing statement I immediately called on 10\24\07 to inquire about this, and demanded that it get cancelled. It was cancelled, and I was given a cancellation number. This is something my husband had never signed up for. Unless they can offer his written signature as proof that he signed up for or agreed to this they're conducting business in a fraudulent way!

Then on 1\22\08 he receives some junk mail, and I'm glad I read it over for him. It was for something called Identity Protection Plan. Yes, unlike most people I read the fine print, and was outraged to read that in this: 1). It claims that he enrolled in their special introductory offer of $1.00 for the first thirty days, and then beyond that he would be automatically charged $9.99\mos on his HSBC\Orchard Bank Card. Where do these people come up with this bullshit saying he signed up for this? Are you kidding me? Let me say this again, but unless they can offer his written signature as proof that he signed up for or agreed to this HSBC\Orchard Bank is conducting business in a fraudulent way! Like hell he signed up for this!
All I'm going to say is this: Orchard Bank\HSBC or whoever the hell you are, you're scam artists! I'm sure that there are legal loopholes that allow them to do what thry do, nonetheless, that doesn't change the fact that they have a very fraudulent way of conducting business. The bottom line is this, in terms of getting people with a history of bad credit back in line, THEY'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION THEY'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! I am the only one who will, and is looking out for my husband's financial well being.

How about this slogan for Orchard Bank:

The Worst Card for the Best People
With Bad Credit!

Hey, if the shoe fits .wear it, and wear it well, it's a perfect fit for Orchard Bank\HSBC!!!

Romare
Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2008 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card-Services/Salinas-California-93912/HSBC-Orchard-Bank-Credit-Card-Services-THE-WORST-CARD-FOR-THE-BEST-PEOPLE-WITH-BAD-CREDIT-304416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC| Orchard Bank Credit Card Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I bet I know how this happened

AUTHOR: Catherine - (U.S.A.)

When your husband applied for the card, these were options that were offered. In most cases you need to UNCHECK THE BOX to decline the offer. I would bet dimes to dollars that he didn't and thats why the charges are there. Its good that you check the fine print. If every one did this sort of thing wouldn't happen. Easiest way to make sure that it doesn't is to read everything on an internet application before hitting the submit button.

I would have to disagree

AUTHOR: Consumer - (U.S.A.)

these things you get from banks would require proper verification (like personal info) before they sign you up. (its part of bank policies) either that or you use your registerd phone to call for them to be able to identify you. then they check the info to see if it matches their records. things like that, big companies follow tedious processes to help prevent fraud that could later result in losses.