Complaint Review: HSBC (Orchard Bank Visa And Mastercard, HSBC Card Services)

• Submitted: Tue, December 22, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 22, 2009

• Reported By: popper2350 — sun city center Florida United States of America
HSBC (Orchard Bank Visa And Mastercard, HSBC Card Services)

HSBC ,Orchard Bank Visa And Mastercard, HSBC Card Services, HSBC Card services Ripoff...cancelled card and one year later find out that it was not cancelled and I owe them 636.00 in fees! Internet

Just found out that the card was not cancelled per request and that the fees continued to build without my knowledge. I get a call from a collection place saying I owe them 636$ this company is one of the biggest ripoffs I have ever seen. I cancelled via phone and shredded the card asumming it was a done deal after I paid in full my balance, one year later I find out that it was not cancelled and continued to grow...then they talked to my husband and not me about this. Isn't this illegal?

Now My husband is ready to divorce me because of this action. What will happen if I refuse to pay? I guess I should never have truseted them to cancel it by phone, I assume every one is trustworthy that does business and that is so not true. They are so difficult to get ahold of and when you do then you can barely understand them.

What recourse do I have in solving this issue quickly? Without further wrecking my credit? How do they continue to get away with this. They have discovered a whole new way to cheat people out of their hard earned $$..How can they continue to do business in this country? How can we stop them? How can we fight this, we are not made of money. We are retired and living on fixed means.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2009 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Orchard-Bank-Visa-And-Mastercard-HSBC-Card-Services/internet/HSBC-Orchard-Bank-Visa-And-Mastercard-HSBC-Card-Services-HSBC-Card-services-Ripoffca-543882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC (Orchard Bank Visa And Mastercard, HSBC Card Services)