Complaint Review: HSBC - Orchard Bank

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Wrightwood California
HSBC - Orchard Bank
www.orchardbank.com Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

HSBC - Orchard Bank Misrepresentation Portland Oregon

When I received my last bill it included an annual fee. I called and asked them to waive the fee. Of course, their "customer service" is being outsourced to the middle east so the person I was talking to was just following a computer script. I was told, unequivocally, that if I paid the balance owed (about $300) by a certain date and then called by a certain date that they would reactivate my account with no annual fee. I did just as I was instructed, but when I called (several times now) I was told that I misunderstood - that they were just waiving the fee that I was previously charged. Furthermore, I was told that if I want to reactivate the account, they will not only charge me an annual fee forever, but will have to run a credit check before they will approve the account. I had this account for eight years and was never a day late with a payment and now they want me to agree to have them run a credit check which will show up as an inquiry on my report!

Orchard Bank simply lied to me and they have refused to do what they promised. It would not cost me a lot to sue them - I just have to decide if it is worth the time and hassle.

Sharon
Wrightwood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Orchard-Bank/Portland-Oregon/HSBC-Orchard-Bank-Misrepresentation-Portland-Oregon-474614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC - Orchard Bank