Complaint Review: HSBC - Orchard Bank

• Submitted: Sun, June 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 14, 2009

• Reported By:Humble Texas
HSBC - Orchard Bank
1411 Schilling Place Salinas,, California U.S.A.

HSBC - Orchard Bank is a legalized Mafia !! Do not use them @ any cost! Salinas, California

I paid 2 cards off with them completely, making every payment on time.. owed nothing..

Raised my interest rate to 29% so I cancelled card number 1. They still billed me the annual 39.00 fee. So I closed it.

Kept second card, even though it was paid off to show I had non used credit on my credit scores.
Never received any emails or payment notifications from them as one would expect because it had a zero balance.

So recently, I get a call from them asking if I would like to pay my balance of 101.00 off? Stunned I asked for what balance..???

Oh, every year they charge you a $39.00 renewal fee... automatically.. without notice.. so if you have a zero balance and your memory doesn't pull up your renewal date, then your hosed. Late charge on top of late charge until it builds up... THEN they call you.

On my credit report now I am sure. My interest rate increased to 29%. I paid it,but will NEVER use them again ever. If you are desperate, beware.. they will "get you". No integrity at all.

Janice
Humble, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2009 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Orchard-Bank/Salinas-California-93912/HSBC-Orchard-Bank-is-a-legalized-Mafia-Do-not-use-them-any-cost-Salinas-Californ-461666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC - Orchard Bank