Complaint Review: HSBC RETAIL SERVICES

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 09, 2008

• Reported By:cambridge Ohio
HSBC RETAIL SERVICES
P.O BOX 5244 CAROL STREAM, Illinois U.S.A.

HSBC RETAIL SERVICES RUDE RIPOFF CAROL STREAM Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: other ways to make payments

I purchaced a gateway computer with these people, I was always on time with my payments and even added more than required each month, at one point i sent a payment of $200.00 which would of almost paid off my acct. needless to say i didnt recieve a monthly statement but i did get a nasty phone call from a lady that couldnt even speak english wondering why i havent sent a payment for 3 monthes. plus she was yelling at me and talking over me as i tried to explain things to her.

I finally hung up on the rude b---ch and got a hold of an american girl that said they never recieved that payment of $200.00 so i had to put a trace on it and they still denied it, I had benn making those payments for monthes and i know it was sent to the correct place. so now im ending up paying almost double for the product i purchased with all the late fees and xtra charges etc, Wow did i learn a leson to never never deal with these people again, as i just sent my last payment to them, The rude phone calls and messages left on my answering machine did me in.

I dont recomend the service to my wort enemy!
oh and i forgot to mention it cost me $15.00 to have the payment traced, grrrrrrrrr, i guess BBB will be my next letter to type about them

Smokin44mag
cambridge, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2008 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-RETAIL-SERVICES/CAROL-STREAM-Illinois-60197-5244/HSBC-RETAIL-SERVICES-RUDE-RIPOFF-CAROL-STREAM-Illinois-315127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC RETAIL SERVICES

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

other ways to make payments

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

If you sent your payment thru the mail it may never have reached them. You don't say what happened with the trace, whether the check was cashed or not. I personally don't trust the post office to get anything anywhere on time. Since you wrote this report on a computer you could go to HSBC's web site and make a payment for free from your checking account and get a confirmation that it was received. If you had a good payment history and talked to a manager and had the fees reversed. Their collections people can be rude as collections reps from any bank can be rude.