Complaint Review: HSBC Retail / Best Buy

• Submitted: Fri, February 03, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 03, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Hamburg New York United States of America
HSBC Retail / Best Buy

HSBC Retail / Best Buy 6 Months Same as Cash Scam - Watch those deferred interest charges. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Details?

My 6 month same as cash promotional loan balance was due on 12/22/11.
I called and paid the balance over the phone with a representative in India, who took care of me.
When I received my next statement from Best Buy (based on their online statements that are never updated properly, I will never  go paperless), the promotional balance showed as a previous balance and my new balance was the deferred interest charges.
I immediately called HSBC and spoke to a floor supervisor.  He proceeded to tell me that because I paid this outside of my billing cycle, the charges were applied.   I argued with him for a while and he
finally said the charges would be reversed and reflected in my next statement.   I will wait and see
what that statement will show.  I have another promotional coming due in March, so I cannot wait for that one.
I will be closing this account down after March.   HSBC Retail, I believe, is Household Finanace.  I wonder how many other people this has happened to that may not be aware of it.   Read your statements !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2012 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Best-Buy/internet/HSBC-Retail-Best-Buy-6-Months-Same-as-Cash-Scam-Watch-those-deferred-interest-charges-833320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail / Best Buy

Details?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

There are some details missing from this report that may clear it up.  A particular comment is the one you made about paying "outside your billing cycle".

You say your balance was due on 12/21, and you made a phone payment.  Okay..when did you make this payment?  Was it made on 12/21?  What time was it made?

Was the date this "balance" was due the same as the date your regular Credit Card payment was due?  If not what day is your regular payment due?   Did you make the regular payment in December and January?  What days did you make those on?