Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services; Mitsubishi Credit; Tweeters

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:Montgomery Texas
HSBC Retail Services; Mitsubishi Credit; Tweeters
P.O. Box 5244, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5244 P.O. Box 15521, Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

HSBC Retail Services; Mitsubishi; TweetersHSBC Retail Services; Mitsubishi Credit; Tweeters Beware of promotional offers not being honored! P.O. Box 60107P.O. Box 60107, City Of IndustryP.O. Box 15521, Wilmington Delaware

I purchased a Mitsubishi HDTV at Tweeter's in the Woodlands, TX in January of this year (2008) taking advantage of an advertised 12 month no money down, no interest no payments promotion. (This is actually the 2nd TV I'd purchased from them, the first several years ago & using the same type promotional offer -- which I'd paid off and never had any problems).

Several months after this year's purchase I started getting phone calls & letters from HSBC's collections department (HSBC is apparently the finance provider behind many retail establishments). I've explained over & over again to these people (some of which do not seem to speak very good English) about the promotion, I've faxed backup documentation (including the promotional advertisment that brought me into the store), etc., and I even explained that I had received a letter back from HSBC (after several months, finally acknowledging the promotion & stating that all has been corrected to reflect it -- i.e., all interest, finance charges, etc, had been removed).

Everything was fine for a little while & then all the phone calls & letters started up again. Every single time it's someone new who doesn't seem to know the history of my account and I've had to go over it all again. Now my credit score has been adversely affected!!! Their latest letter / phone call states that I now owe over $4700 (the original purchase price was $4053).

I can't seem to get them to stop harassing me. I'd pay the stupid thing off early if it weren't for the fact that they've messed with my credit score and that the likelihood of their ever correcting their mistake would probably be next to nil if I let them get away with this. My stress level is at an all time high. Does anyone have any tips?

Karen
Montgomery, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services-Mitsubishi-Credit-Tweeters/PO-Box-15521-Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5521/HSBC-Retail-Services-Mitsubishi-TweetersHSBC-Retail-Services-Mitsubishi-Credit-Tweeter-381190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services; Mitsubishi Credit; Tweeters