Complaint Review: HSBC, Retail Services, Superstores Of America

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2007

• Reported By:Avondale Arizona
HSBC, Retail Services, Superstores Of America
P O Box 60107 City Of Industry, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-560-0761
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HSBC, Retail Services, Superstores Of America Claiming not to receive my payments and charging me late fees! City Of Industry California

I bought furniture from Mor Furniture in 2005 and used there deferred payment. I pay no interest if I payoff my furniture monthly and have it paid off by 2009. I have excellent credit and never pay anything late. In December of 2006, I had mailed my payment, like I always do, 10 days before the due date. Somehow, they claim it is the post office that never delivered it on time. That is always their answer. I was charged a late fee and they would not reverse it, but they took $10 off.

I then mailed my payment again in August and they never received it. I didn't find this out until I received my bill in September and had another late fee charge. I called them and was told that if I could provide proof of mailing the check they would reverse my late charge. I did provide proof and started bill pay with my checking account. Made the payment for August and September. My late fee was reversed over the phone, although, I have not received a new bill, yet, I am taking their word for it. This was all done at the beginning of September.

On September 29, 2007, I receive an e-mail letting me know my payment had been received and posted. When I look at my checking account, wouldn't you know that the same check they never received back in August, all of the sudden was found and was cashed.

I called and told them to reimburse me that money immediately and that they needed to clean up their act. That I was not the only one complaining about them and that this was not acceptable. I am being sent a check for reimbursement, but they are not taking any blame. They are still blaming the post office. They don't know why this is happening, but it is not there fault. AMAZING!

B
Avondale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2007 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services-Superstores-Of-America/City-Of-Industry-California-91716/HSBC-Retail-Services-Superstores-Of-America-Claiming-not-to-receive-my-payments-and-char-277058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC, Retail Services, Superstores Of America