• Report: #192191

• Submitted: Thu, May 18, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 01, 2009

• Reported By:Spanaway Washington
HSBC, Retail Services, Superstores Of America
P O Box 60107 , City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

HSBC, Retail Services, Superstores Of America ripoff Being charged a late fee of $29 because your payment got held up somewhere for ONE DAY IS WRONG when you have a great credit history City Of Industry California

*Consumer Comment: You are really lame

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You were late!

Dealing with HSBC, Retail Services was anything but a pleasure. Being charged a late fee because you are one day late seems so unfair. When I called to ask them to remove the charge because I have excellent credit and I pay my bills, they REFUSED and they were very rude.
A person would think late fees are for people who are not responsible and do not pay there bills on time on a regular basis. That is obviously not true.

I believe the Christmas Season before last my bill was also ONE DAY late and they did remove that charge; however they refuse to ever do it again. Come on people we are talking ONE DAY LATE. It could have been a matter of hours for all I know.

I have cancelled my account with them and plan to cancel any other accounts I have that are affiliated with them and I am advising my children to cancel their accounts with this company because this is not good business. I will also advise everyone I know to Beware of HSBC Retail Services dishonest, immoral way of making money off good responsible people. I have also E-mailed The Mor Furniture Store to let them know they have lost my business because they are affiliated with this Credit Company

Jeannie
Spanaway, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2006 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services-Superstores-Of-America/City-Of-Industry-California-91716/HSBC-Retail-Services-Superstores-Of-America-ripoff-Being-charged-a-late-fee-of-29-becau-192191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC, Retail Services, Superstores Of America

You are really lame

AUTHOR: Whatever - (U.S.A.)

If you have enough time to register for a site like this and right a big ole complaint, if you have the time to fight with these companies, then you should be smart enough to keep track of a payment! I mean if you were late, pay the fee and shut up about it already! So what if its only happened twice?! thats the purpose of a late fee, its supposed to be a consequence! I bet they were not sad to have lost your business!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You were late!

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Why are you complaining if you know you were late. Didn't they tell you that they would charge you if you were late, regarless of why? If I owed you money and you told me that if I paid you late you would charge me a late fee and then i complained to you about it, would you take it off? if you say "yes" your ignorant and thats why you got it to begin with, if you say "no" then well point made!