Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services (USA), Household Retail Services Inc, HFC

• Submitted: Thu, September 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 18, 2008

• Reported By:Elk Grove California
HSBC Retail Services (USA), Household Retail Services Inc, HFC
PO Box 4169 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-685-0809
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HSBC Retail Services (USA)HSBC Retail Services (USA), Household Retail Services Inc, HFC Illegal Repossession in California Carol Stream Illinois

So, I fell behind in my motorcycle payments to this wonderful company known as HSBC. Fell behind quite a few times, actually.

But yet every time that they sent me an urgent notice or a Right to Cure, I sent them money.

Heck, I even had them "accidently" take an unauthorized $600 payment out of my account. Took me a few days to get that refunded in the form of a check, but at least I got the money back.

So here is the latest and greatest: on Sept. 16, 2008, the repo man came and took my bike. No notice that they were coming, nothing.

In talking with HSBC, they state that I received a Right to Cure. Sure, I did. Dated June 26, 2008. Let's not forget that they received a payment after I received that notice. Apparently, that payment wasn't enough.

So I sat down and cried a bit because my wonderful Yamaha Vstar was gone.

Then I hopped on the internet.

Called a lawyer and found out it is illegal for them to come take the bike without offering me a chance to pay the past due amount and make it up to them. Interesting...

So I am doing what the lawyer says and following his instructions. We'll see what happens.

Apparently we are suing HSBC for auto theft. COOL!!!

Heather k
Elk Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2008 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services-USA-Household-Retail-Services-Inc-HFC/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/HSBC-Retail-Services-USAHSBC-Retail-Services-USA-Household-Retail-Services-Inc-HFC-I-374254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services (USA), Household Retail Services Inc, HFC