Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services

• Submitted: Tue, July 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:jemison Alabama
HSBC Retail Services
Carol Steam, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HSBC Retail Services HSBC ARE THIEVES Carol Steam Illinois

My husband and I bought a 4wheeler in 2006, our finance company is HSBC retail services. WE have been paying on this account of $6000for over 2 years, our balance has only gotten to $5329.97. We pay more than is due every month. I send my payments on the suggested mail date however they still say they are late and charge $39.95 late fee.

My husband lost his job a few months ago I tried to call and make arrangments to pay until we were back in work, however they told me there wasn't anything they could do and they could not stop the late fees.They said if I had lost my job they could help me, but i wasn't even working whenthey finaced it in my name. I am a stay at home mom and have been since 2003.I pay an extra $15 a month for a payment protection plan taht is supposed to be able to put it on hold up to 12 months if i am disabled or have a job loss, but they said i couldn't use that either. Why am I paying for it then if i can use it?

They are also charging $15 for on the phone check processing which i think is crazzy.And I have several times, paid on the ohone, paid the $15 and they still claim my paymenty was late and charge me $39 for a late fee.

THeir phone calls are ridiculous as well. I haven't been able to pay the full balance because of my husband's job loss, though I have been making smaller payments almost every week to catch up. ( not that it helps cause i pay and they take $39 for late fee) They still call up to 25 times a day. They have callled my house as late as 10pm. As well as Sunday's and holiday's. I have tried to make payments arrangments but they tell me for every payment I make thats not the full amount they will charge a $39 late fee. So if I make 3 small payments a month thats 3 $39 late fees they'll add. I feel like i will never get out fom under this.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. I have nothing but bad things to say about this company and their services, they are nothing more than scam artists! They will rob you blind . BE CAEFUL!

jemison, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services/Carol-Steam-Illinois-60197-5244/HSBC-Retail-Services-HSBC-ARE-THIEVES-Carol-Steam-Illinois-348859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services