Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services

• Reported By: Greg R — Scottville Michigan United States of America
HSBC Retail Services
Dept. 7680 Carol Stream, Illinois United States of America

HSBC Retail Services /Bowflex Credit/ Carol Stream, Illinois

This is not the first time this has happened but I received my payment statment on December 19, 2009 and the payment was due on December 19, 2009.  Naturally, I called on 12/20/09 and explained to them that I had just received the statement on the 19th and it was due the same way.....my payment is only $27.00 per month but now there is a $39.00 late payment fee placed on the account since it was due the same day that I received the notice.  The customer service department was no help and kept telling me that they had no information on their end that the statement should have been late and when I asked them that maybe I received it late because it was misplaced or just running slow due to the holidays, they said that I would still be responsible to pay the extra $39.00.  Then when I wanted to just pay it over the phone using my Debt card...I was told of a processing fee and the $39.00 late fee since it was a day late already.

I told them that since it was going to be charged the late fee anyways, I would just send in the payment and forego the debt fee of $15.00.

Greg

Scottville, MI

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2009 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60116/HSBC-Retail-Services-Bowflex-Credit-Carol-Stream-Illinois-543545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services