Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:Wellington Florida
HSBC Retail Services
P.O. Box 4169 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

HSBC Retail Services Payments not made to principal INTEREST SCAM Carol Stream Illinois

I bought a motorcycle through a dealer in south Florida who used HSBC Retail Services to do their financing. I had never done business with HSBC, and in hind sight, I would have used a different bank. I always pay more than my minimum balance. I made a payment to them in December for my bill that was due January first. The check cleared on December 20th and was never applied to the January bill. They claim I never paid in January and since my last payment to them was received on December 20th, they charged me intrest from December 21st through February 9th. they took $200 I sent on 2-6-09 and applied it to "interest, insurance, & other charges". What a scam!

When I tried to have the customer service representative explain the charges, she could not explain to me why the payment in December was not applied to the January payment. This company lacks the ethics that is much needed in our banking system.

Patrick
Wellington, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/HSBC-Retail-Services-Payments-not-made-to-principal-INTEREST-SCAM-Carol-Stream-Illinois-426227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services