• Report: #342021

• Submitted: Thu, June 19, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:north brunswick New Jersey
HSBC Retail Services
PO Box 15521 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

HSBC Retail Services Charges return check fee and will not provide copy of the check Wilmington Delaware

*UPDATE Employee: Leaving out an important bit to understand the situation.

HSBC bank Nevada, N. A. issues credit card for best buy. I bought a computer with 0% APR for six month. I made the 1st minimum payment of $10.00, which HSBC claims check didnot clear and charged me late fees as well as returned check fees.

I asked my bank and they don't have any record of the check ever hitting my account, and there was no reason for check to not clear. Bank asked me to contact HSBC and get a copy of the check, since it is returned to the merchant. Bank will only give me credit for the fees if I can show the check and fees charged, which just make sense.

HSBC will not give me copy of the returned check or reimburse the fees. All I know they are just charging me fees and may be never even submitted the check.
I think it is scam to charge without being able to even provide the proof that check was not clreared. I will think I have right to get a copy of the check if I am getting charged for it not clearing.

Vivek
north brunswick, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2008 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5521/HSBC-Retail-Services-Charges-return-check-fee-and-will-not-provide-copy-of-the-check-Wilmi-342021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services

Leaving out an important bit to understand the situation.

AUTHOR: Tired Of People Not Taking Responsibility - (U.S.A.)

How did you process your payment?