Complaint Review: HSBC Retail Services

• Submitted: Fri, March 26, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 26, 2010

• Reported By: Myron — West Palm Beach Florida United States of America
HSBC Retail Services

HSBC Retail Services Best Buy Charged a late fee, they said payment received a day late, was charged $39.00, Internet

My complaint is against Hsbc Retail services.

I recently purchased a computer from Best Buy, in West Palm Beach, Fl. I used their 18 months free interest. I purchased the computer in January, and did not receive a bill till the 29th of January, upon receiving the bill, we imediately sent in the first  payment.  The payment was due on February 3, and we sent it out on the 29th of January, which was 6 days before payment was due.  The Hsbc claims they did not receive it till February 4, 2010 and charged me a late fee.  I do not believe them, as I get other mail from places farther away then their location in three days, and I sent the payment out 6 days before due date.

On the 2nd month, we never even received a bill from them, they said they sent it to the wrong address.  Was a good thing we called them to fine out why we didn't receive a bill.  They informed me, If I did not pay it right away, I would be charged a late payment fee, so I had to give them my Bank routhing number so they could get the payment electronically right from my bank account.

This will be the last time I ever buy from Best Buy, as they have to know what is going on, they are just as guilty, if this is not being crooked I don't know what is.

Also i just received my Best Buy credit card, which was supposed to be here two months ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2010 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-Services/internet/HSBC-Retail-Services-Best-Buy-Charged-a-late-fee-they-said-payment-received-a-day-late-w-585862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services