rank

• Submitted: Fri, November 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 29, 2008

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
HSBC Retail Services/Best Buy Card Services
PO BOX 60148 City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

HSBC Retail Services/ Best Buy Card Services Harrasment and Unexplainable charges vs HORRIBLE customer service City Of Industry California

*UPDATE Employee: WOW

My husband and I bought a video camera from Best Buy, about two years ago, and I got approved for a $600.00 credit limit to purchase the Camera. Once I recieved my first bill, I reviewed it carefully, and noticed an additional charge for $4.56. I immediatly called HSBC and they informed me that I was being charged for some kind of Debt Cancellation, which I never signed up for. So I called and cancelled it immediately. This was in 2006. It is now 2008, I have called them three times, as I have noticed this charge each and every month. I am still being charged five dollars every month for this 'service' that is fradulent and has been cancelled three times.

In addition, for the past month I have recieved approximately 25 phone calls a day for a $15.00 payment that was due. Every time that I would try to call to make a payment I would get someone who is Middle Eastern and doesn't speak English. I couldn't understand what these people were saying, so I would get frustated and hang up, to try again the next day, only to go through the same thing again.

I have been trying to contact someone in the credit department that speaks English, and it is not possible. I have called them 13 times today, alone. Every time I call, its someone who doesn't speak English, and I request that they give me a phone number so that I can speak to someone who speaks English, and I just get sent around in this loop, of multiple phone numbers, for the same company, to only recieve an agent who I cannot understand.

I got online today, to "register" so that I can I can pay my full balance, and close my account, and I cannot complete the process because their system does not recognize my account. So once again, I try to call to get assistance and no one speaks English. I find it very hard to get assistance when I cannot understand a single word that the "representative" is saying.

I have tried to contact the HSBC direct headquarters, and they tell me that they cannot assist me in this matter. So once again I get thrown into the Middle Eastern loop of frustration. The camera I bought was about five hudred dollars, and because of their "Customer Service" I have actually paid close to a thousand dollars for this camera. Each month they do not processs my payment until the day after the due date, therefore I get a late fee every month of $35.00.

This morning alone, I have spent close to three hours trying to get help, and no one will help me. All I want is to pay the full balance, so that I can
close my account and I cannot even do that. I have tried to contact Best Buy, and they tell me that they cannot help me either. I am at the end of my rope with this company. I requested to speak to a manger, and needless to say, I couldn't understand her either. So I finally asked to speak to her Supervisor, and conveniently there was no one available in that position to speak to.

I conclusion, I have spent numerous hours on the phone with this company, cancelling "services" that never get cancelled, trying to make payments, and desperately trying to speak to someone that I can understand, all for the "representatives" to tell me that I have 5 days to send in a check, which according to the USPS, is not even possible, or they will continue calling my phone 20-30 times a day, and adding late charges. I have considered contacting a lawyer about this matter, as their harrasing debt collecting practices are illegal, and once again, I cannot understand what any of these people are saying.

Jessica
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2008 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Retail-ServicesBest-Buy-Card-Services/City-Of-Industry-California-91716-0148/HSBC-Retail-Services-Best-Buy-Card-Services-Harrasment-and-Unexplainable-charges-vs-HORRI-395723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Retail Services/Best Buy Card Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I am a former employee of BB. Everytime a customer fills out a credit app hsbc pays BB . If you sign up someone for credit protection the company gets 35.00 even if your approved or not . A BB employee is given a " Tracker " at the begining of their shift letting them know how many apps and credit protection sign ups they should get that day. If your not meeting your quota you are yelled at by supervisors ( yes just like a lil kid that did somthing wrong ) . It is common practice for the BB Rep to just tell the customer sign here and here just so they will meet the quota . I once asked a " Financing Specialist " is that against the law or somthing I mean I would be a little upset if I seen a charge on my acct for somthing I didnt want , and I was told well they could always call hsbc and fight it out with them, all we care about is getting the 35.00 for signing them up and having good numbers for the district. I also seen customers that speak another language signed up for credit protection , magazines and product service plans just so the employee can win a contest !

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Amanda_fl - (U.S.A.)

Stop blaming the fact that the you can't make your payments on time on the credit card customer service representatives. There may be a couple reps at that number that have heavy foreign accents, but the fact you call upwards of 20 times a day and each and every single time, you get someone that you can't understand at all sounds ridiculous. You shouldn't even make your payments over the phone anyway. They charge a fee for phone payments. In the time it took you to type up that complaint, you could have made your payment online and even set up reoccuring payments from your bank account.