Complaint Review: HSBC Rotection Plan

• Submitted: Tue, September 04, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: CassieB — san diego California U.S.A.
HSBC Rotection Plan
86 Christiana Road New Castle, DE 19720 New Castle, Delaware United States of America

HSBC Rotection Plan Debt Protection Program Administrator scam, protection plan, debt program, denial, account shield, account shield plus New Castle, Delaware

I sign up for the HSBC Debt Protection Program because I thought it was a warranty plan with the item I purchased. When I saw all these extra charges I called the 100 number that was on my bill. I told that these services were mandatory. So, I had to keep them. Then, I found out years later that it's not.

So, I been paying them since August 2009 thinking it was mandatory. When I found out last year that there was benefits if I got laid off i deiced to use them. But, then I was told I had to work 40 hours a week to qualify. I told them that I never had a job were I worked full-time and why would i given these benefits if I wan't working that much. They replied they should of asked if you worked full-time. I said no they didn't I was just giving these benefits. They said sorry just fill out a claim form and we'll see what we can do. SO, I did and now I was denied because it was more than 365 calendar days. I said that's wrong because I was laid off Dec. 30th 2011 and then started work again full-time on March 5th.  2012, They can barely speak English at the call center and told me that they'll review my claim and I should be notified in 1-10 business days. They just give me the run around so I cancelled them but I still expect to be given those benefits as I have paid into it as of today.

Don't sign up for this, they just take your money. I have invested well over a couple thousand to these jerks. Also, they are being sued and the website that you can use to file a claim as been shut down making it even more inconvenient.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Rotection-Plan/New-Castle-Delaware-19720/HSBC-Rotection-Plan-Debt-Protection-Program-Administrator-scam-protection-plan-debt-prog-936804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Rotection Plan