Complaint Review: HSBC SNAP PAY PASS Credit Card Thru Orchard Bank

• Submitted: Fri, December 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:wilbraham Virginia
HSBC SNAP PAY PASS Credit Card Thru Orchard Bank
PO Box 80084 Salinas, California U.S.A.

HSBC SNAP PAY PASS Credit Card Thru Orchard Bank Double payments from auto pay took 3 months to resolve Salinas California

My account is set up with automatic payments thru my bank every month. In August 2008 a double payment was deducted. I contacted my bank and HSBC right away. .... five different reps??? and two supervisors in two days at HSBC advised me to not worry an error had occured with auto pay and it would be resolved right away. My bank mgr cancelled the extra payment and put it back in my checking account and sent a report to HSBC. I also sent a dispute to the bank. The next bill was sent thirty days later and my card showed over limit fee; returned check fee; interest charged on $155 of fees and new balance which did not include payment made. again I contacted HSBC and was sent to another so-called supervisor who stated she would research and call me back. I never received a callback. Finally after two months of runarounds, many letters and phone calls, I was able to contact someone stating her name was Cindy in Virginia and a superviser who started the ridiculous process of my bank having to prove the payments were actually processed(which was already done at the very beginning. At this point the fees were taken off the bill. N.o last names of supervisors; extention #s; email addresses; or telephone #s were ever provided to contact someone directly; only a main tel# which gave me another rep to have to give all the information to again each and every time. They stated emails would then be sent to the superviser Cindy but no other info could be given(my first clue something shady was going on). The final tel# was at my expense evert time I called not an 800#. Finally my bank mgr stepped in and asked to have the supervisor call her directly. A fax# HSBC provided for the bank to fax ANOTHER report turned out to be not working or never set up. My bank mgr informed me this is a ploy to try to get charges added to accounts and is very popular. Another two weeks of promised results; phone calls not returned; and aggravation beyond words Cindy advised me the lost payment would be credited to my account in two credits neither one indicating the. payment was made..just credits totalling the payment. NEVER HAVE I HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS BEFORE. I sent letters to every known address of HSBC and even sent one to the President of Operations (did not have a name) requesting help with this error??? made by this bank. I lost untold number of hours to try to rsolve this matter. This charge card will never have another charge on it and I would close it if it did not affect my credit score.

Spookie
wilbraham, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-SNAP-PAY-PASS-Credit-Card-Thru-Orchard-Bank/Salinas-California-93912-0084/HSBC-SNAP-PAY-PASS-Credit-Card-Thru-Orchard-Bank-Double-payments-from-auto-pay-took-3-mont-400670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC SNAP PAY PASS Credit Card Thru Orchard Bank