Complaint Review: HSBC

• Updated: Mon, June 18, 2012

• Reported By: Laurie — LOUISVILLE Kentucky United States of America
HSBC
1330 SALE AVENUE Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

HSBC CREDIT CARD FRAUD, from a card I received in the mail. I had this credit card for years and never thought I would pay it off,Every time I got a new bill it was like 32 percent interest. Louisville, Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: Here's some questions for you Bobby

*Consumer Comment: Here are some questions for you.

*Consumer Comment: Where do I start....

I am reporting in from a postcard from you guys today. I had or might still do a credit card from HSBC for many years.I never thought I would pay them, because of the interest they was charging me so much it would go up and down on my bills.I would also get phone calls constintly all the time from them demanding money,and they would be after 9-10 at night. I wished I recored this one guy that called me and pretty much cussed me out. I felt very belittle. That is no way anyone should be treated or talked to that way.

They would talk to my son asking him for the money if he was here and answered the phone.I will never ever do anything with them again. If I don't recall they called me several times in the middle of the night also. And also I would like to point out my son was on leave that had just come home from Iraq (Army), and I was having a welcome home party for him with about 15-20 people here,and would you believe they asked me if any of my friends could pay on it. At a welcome home party I was having for my son after serving 18 months in the Army!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC/Louisville-Kentucky-40215/HSBC-CREDIT-CARD-FRAUD-from-a-card-I-received-in-the-mail-I-had-this-credit-card-for-yea-899270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC

Here's some questions for you Bobby

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Why does Team Rebutt have all the answers? Wrong they know nothing, Coming  from a product of their own doing. Team Rebutt to the rescue, and changing your names does not fool anyone. HA HA HA

Here are some questions for you.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Did you spend the money charging things on the credit credit card?...Yes
When you did this did you agree to make at least the minimum scheduled payment every month?..Yes
Did they at any time force you to use the card?...No
Was there anything in the agreement that stated you only had to pay when you could?..No

So why do you think that you should be able to change these terms and pay only when you feel like it?

The fact is that they only reason they are calling you and "demanding" money is because you are delinquent.  The only reason your Interest Rate is 32% is because at some point you were(are) in default of your agreement and as such you are under the "default" rate.

The next thing is that if you are delinquent the chances of them even wanting to do business with you is slim so you don't really have to worry about that.  If you have been delinquent for more than a couple of months, your account is probably already closed.  I am not going to say that IF they cussed you out that is right or appropriate, however it doesn't change the fact that you are delinquent.

But the one good thing is that in a few months if you fail to get current you won't have to worry about them calling you anymore.  They will charge-off your account and turn you over to a 3rd party collection agency.

Where do I start....

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

1)  If they are calling you, then you must be delinquent on your contractual obligations.

2)  Did you let them know that you were having a party for your son so they wouldn't call during it.

3)  Here is some information that may be helpful.  If HSBC us in violation of FCRA, then report them.  Keep in mind that you will need to have documentation to back up your claims.

The high interest rate you are paying is likely due to the fact that your payment history is less than stellar and you are regarded as high risk.  I have had a credit card with them since 2002 and the only time they have ever called me is when they suspected that someone was fraudulently using my card.

Good luck!!