Complaint Review: HSBC

• Submitted: Sat, August 30, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 30, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
HSBC
1301 E.Tower Road Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.

HSBC Credit Card Services Annual fee Charged When The leaflet received with the application stated no annual fee. Schaumburg Illinois

My complaint is towards HSBC Credit Card Services, I had received an offer in the mail for an approved credit card. Usual routine for me when I get an offer for a credit card I check the leaflet that comes with them to see if they charge an annual or membership fee or if there is a cost to get the card, if there is I toss it and don't apply.
HSBC sent an offer for a credit card the leaflet states no annual fee no membership fee and an 8.95% APR, I apply for the card online and get it.
HSBC one year or sooner (I can't get a statement off line online to show my start date statement to see when it started) charged me an annual fee, this over limits my account and pisses me off.
I call they say there is an annual fee I say there wasn't I tell them I still have the leaflet to prove it let fax it to you to show it did not have one they say we don't except fax's.
Well I figured screw it I will email it to them when I login to my account, but for over 3 months they are doing website mods to the email service.
I call back and tell them I am not going to pay the annual fee close my account, they do and I am still paying my monthly bill on time every month.
I know if I don't it will get worse; I am looking to do anything to make sure they stop this sort of practice.
My wife received a HSBC credit card around the same time I did with no annual fee also and they tried to charge her an annual fee to she called and they told her that sometimes they are not aware of what info goes with what card offer as they offer so many different deals he was nice and removed the annual fee and told her she would have to call in every year it was charged to have it removed because there system could not set it to not charge it. They blindly charge there customers annual fees I know some of there credit card do charge an annual fee but when they state in the packet that you receive no annual fee and you can prove it and still they turn a deaf ear to the customer it is stealing.
Thank you for this site and being able to vent a little about fraud from HSBC.

Brian

Phoenix, AZ

Bwatson
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2008 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/HSBC-Credit-Card-Services-Annual-fee-Charged-When-The-leaflet-received-with-the-applicatio-368513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC