Complaint Review: HSN

• Submitted: Sat, December 04, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, December 04, 2010

• Reported By: Justice — Haverhill Massachusetts U.S.A.
Internet, Florida United States of America

HSN Home Shopping Network Credit check to purchase online merchandise Internet, Florida

I ordered a tv and placed it on my cc with the 4 payment flex payment option. I had more than enough credit available. I noticed two days later that the same item was now only available with 1 or 2 payment option. On day 3 after I placed the order, I received a call from their security department. They told me that because I chose to ship to another address other than my own, I would have to answer some security questions. I agreed. The first question asked was who my auto loan was with. I don not have an auto loan nor have I had one in over 25 years, so I answered does not apply. Whom do you do your banking with? I answered none of the above because the did not list the bank I have my 15 year account with! They asked for the last 4 numbers in my ssn. All the numbers they read to me started with 5. Mine starts with 7 so of course I answered none of the above. And the best one is when they named 4 persons who may have lived with me in the past 10 years. [continued below]....

..... I have lived in the same home for over 18 years, and I would think that I would know who lived with me, BUT HOW WOULD THEY KNOW! THIS IS BS.

This has to be by design. I placed the order, using their "secure website" I typed in the address I wanted the item shipped to when I placed the order. This make no sense with one exception. It sounds like they did a credit check, didn't like what they saw, and cancelled my purchase. I said to them, well just ship it to my home address, and they said because I failed their security questions my account is locked and cannot be changed.

I will be looking into this to see if this is legal and if they can be sued. I know what my credit is. If they stated that purchases are based on a credit check I wouldn't have ordered anything from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2010 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSN/Internet-Florida-33758/HSN-Home-Shopping-Network-Credit-check-to-purchase-online-merchandise-Internet-Florida-668150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSN