• Report: #412052

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Clearwater Florida
HSN/Gateway
1 HSN Drive St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

HSN/Gateway Horrid Service Gateway desktop computer St. Petersburg Florida

Purchased a Gateway desktop, placed it on FlexPay. I started having issues with the computer about a month after I received it. At that time, it was too late to return the computer for a refund.

The issue was that the computer would turn off when I turned it on. I sent the tower to Gateway about 3 times in nine months. I was told each time that the operating system was not installed properly.

I called Gateway CS and told them I knew it was the hard drive. I told them from day one it was the hard drive. After my warrantee was over and I could not afford an extended service plan because I was out of work, the hard drive crashed.

Called Gateway. Their customer service team is probably the worst I have ever seen. But I digress. The Gateway CS Reps, Management stated I was out of luck.

I have spent lesser money on other computers. One of my cheapies lasted five years. The expensive Gateway: a little over one year.

I will never shop with HSN or buy another Gateway Computer again. Not now. Not ever.

Anonymous
Clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSNGateway/St-Petersburg-Florida-33729/HSNGateway-Horrid-Service-Gateway-desktop-computer-St-Petersburg-Florida-412052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSN/Gateway