Complaint Review: HSS

• Updated: Tue, August 03, 2010

• Reported By: ant999 — watford United Kingdom
Nationwide United States of America

HSS withdrew 450 from my bank account unlawfully. watford, Nationwide

I hired a cement mixer on 23/06/2010 to be delivered to my neighbour who was doing our work, so they even had his signature on the paperwork. I rang HSS on 28/06/2010 to say it was ready for collection. I rang again 08/07/2010 as they had not picked it up and they said they had no record of my original call. They turned up 12/07/2010 and it had been stolen by then. It was reported to the police and a crime number given to HSS. On 16/07/2010 they withdrew 450 from my bank account for the stolen mixer. I rang and complained and they just kept saying we have no record of your original call so it is tough. I finally spoke to the general manager of the Watford store who was shouting at me down the phone and would not listen. I spoke to HQ again and they said they had charged me hire up until 13/07/2010. I e-mailed in a copy of our call logs to prove I rang in to get it picked up and they have kindly back dated the hire until 28/06/2010 and are sending me 60 of vouchers.

I followed their procedure and I got shouted at and penalised 400 for my trouble. The general manager said to me it is my responsibility to keep ringing until they pick up the mixer even if it I have to ring 20 times. A very poor service and I will obviously be sending back the vouchers with a strong letter to the CEO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSS/nationwide/HSS-withdrew-450-from-my-bank-account-unlawfully-watford-Nationwide-628500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSS