Complaint Review: HTC - HTC Corporation - HTC America

• Submitted: Mon, June 22, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 22, 2009

• Reported By:Lenexa Kansas
HTC - HTC Corporation - HTC America
13920 SE Eastgate Way, Ste 400 Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

HTC Corporation - HTC America - HTC Failure to honor warranty. Faulty parts. Manufacturer defect. Bellevue Washington

I purchased two (2) brand new HTC Touch Pro mobile phone ($679.00 each) - One for me and one for the wife.

My back cover wouldnot close correctly. Upon further inspection, I noticed one of the latch catches on my phone was not moulded properly; clearly a manufacturers defect.

I have not owned the phones 30 days yet!

I called HTC and they will not replace the faulty back cover. They want to charge me for the back cover, claiming that plastic parts are not covered under their warranty, even when it is their defect.

The entire phone is made of plastic, so in essence they have no intention of honoring their warranty. My suggestion is, if you plan to acquire one of these phones (well don't) but if you must - get the cell phone provider's extended protection program or your phone is as good as out of warranty the day you buy it.

My wife and I are returning ours under the 30 days trial and getting iPhones, which come with a 12 month warranty, upgradable to 3 years at Apple.com.

Rob
Lenexa, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2009 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HTC-HTC-Corporation-HTC-America/Bellevue-Washington-98005/HTC-Corporation-HTC-America-HTC-Failure-to-honor-warranty-Faulty-parts-Manufacturer-463764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HTC - HTC Corporation - HTC America