Complaint Review: HTC

• Reported By: William — Lansing Michigan USA
HTC
13920 SE Eastgate Way #400 Internet United States of America

HTC Does Not Stand Behind Its Products Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I agree they do not stand behind their products!

I bought an HTC Evo Shift wireless and have had nothing but problems with it.  Most recently, when trying to send text messages, a delete message screen pops up or it will take me all the way to the top of the message.  HTC promised to call me back on a certain date and time, but they did not.  I e-mailed executives at HTC.  In the end, HTC could not fix the problem, because they could not reproduce the errors on their end.

HTC sent me a HTC Design phone, and I sent them the Evo Shift back.  When the phone arrived, it would not turn on.  I tried an Evo Shift battery in it, but it wouldn't fit in the phone.  I took the phone to the Sprint Store.  Jeremy T. waited on me.  He could not get the phone to turn on with the battery that came with the design. He asked a repair technician there, and he said the battery was bad.  Sprint was nice enough to swap out the battery for me.  When I got home, I tried calling people with the phone with the same earpiece I used on the Evo Shift, but people could not hear me.  I will not put the phone to my head, because I dont want the risk of getting a brain tumor.  I contacted HTC.  HTC told me he would send me out a new Design phone.  Then, 2 days later they sent me an e-mail saying he changed their mind and they wont send me out a new phone, because I tried the Shift battery in the Design phone.

HTC was very rude.  They told me that they cannot make better phones if theyre always trying to fix the defects in my phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2011 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HTC/internet/HTC-Does-Not-Stand-Behind-Its-Products-Internet-Internet-813075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HTC

I agree they do not stand behind their products!

AUTHOR: Ruready2tapout - (U.S.A.)

I bought a phone from them 2 months ago and it started having software problems.  Brought it back to Best Buy and they told me I need to mail it into HTC.  So I did and had to pay for the shipping.  Now they are saying I have to pay $210 to repair it or $35 to send my phone they made that doesn't work back to me.  I am going to Best Buy to demand my money back tomorrow.  If they don't give me my money back I am going to take them to court and file tomorrow.  Especially after reading all the others on Rip Off Report that have been treated the same way.