• Report: #822036

• Updated: Thu, January 12, 2012

• Reported By: Paul — Seattle Washington United States of America
HTCSimUnlock.com

HTCSimUnlock.com HTC Sim Unlock. Subsidy Lock Internet

I searched the internet for a company that would unlock my HTC Sensation and HTCSimUnlock.com claimed to offer such a service. After purchasing a one time subsidy lock/sim phone unlock, I was asked for my IMEI. I gave them the IMEI to my phone and their site advised me it could take a few hours to process my request.

A few minutes later I received an automated email informing me that my phone was too "new" and that they did not have an unlock code. They attempted to coerce me into purchasing a "deeper" and more thorough search for the unlock code. At this point, the whole thing started sounding fishy. I went to a different website and there I was successful in obtaining a sim unlock code.

I tried contacting their support, each time an instant auto-response email came back informing me that someone would get back with me within 24 hours. Nobody from this company has responded. [continued below]....
.....

I used a gift card I received for Christmas when I made this purchase and for that reason, disputing the charges appears to be a long and tedious process. I am out of $16.95 but hopefully this report will prevent anyone else from getting scammed.

If they refund the money, I'll be happy to retract this report (provided that this website gives me the ability to do so).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2012 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HTCSimUnlockcom/internet/HTCSimUnlockcom-HTC-Sim-Unlock-Subsidy-Lock-Internet-822036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HTCSimUnlock.com