Complaint Review: HUBLER CHEVROLET - Chevy

• Submitted: Thu, August 29, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, October 26, 2004

• Reported By:Hinesville Ga
HUBLER CHEVROLET - Chevy
MAIN STREET RUSHVILLE, Indiana U.S.A.

HUBLER CHEVROLET RIPPED OFF RUSHVILLE INDIANA

*Consumer Comment: GOT RIPPED OFF

I purchased a Pontiac Firebird from Hubler Chevrolet in Rushville Indiana. I took the car in for some service at 40,000 miles and had an oil pressure problem checked since the gauge was maxing out and a tune up done.

The service center said that the replaced the oil sending unit, and 8 spark plugs with a bill of 280.00 after returning home i found that I still I still had the oil pressure problem.

im a mechanic and began to suspicion the work they claimed to have done so i raised the car to take a look. I foud that the 4 easiest to reach spark plugs had been replaced and the oil sending unit had not been touched.

I called the service manager and he said that there shop had completed the work and that there must be another problem that needed to be looked at which i would have to pay for.

I installed a new oil sending unit myself which fixed the oil problem and finished replacing the plugs which they had charged me for and not installed. They would not refund my money or even attmept to hear my complaint.

scott
hinesville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2002 11:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HUBLER-CHEVROLET-Chevy/RUSHVILLE-Indiana-46173/HUBLER-CHEVROLET-RIPPED-OFF-RUSHVILLE-INDIANA-28478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HUBLER CHEVROLET - Chevy

AUTHOR: VICKIE - (U.S.A.)

My husband and I was looking for a vehicle. Went to Hubler Auto Center in Rushville where we live.
They showed us this 1999 Dodge Ram Truck which we liked. They said it was a good truck and it had been checked out everything was ok. So we bought it paying like $8,000 for it. We had it a week my husband drove it to work and something went wrong with it and it almost threw him in the ditch. We called Hubler they said bring it in and they would check it out. They had it for a week took it to 3 different mechanics they couldn't figure out what the problem was. Finally they come up with it was a wheel sensor problem it would cost over $600 to fix. They expected us to pay for it and i argued back and forth with them finally they did fix it. Now we have had the truck less then 3 months my husband went to drive it to work again and the oil gauge dropped completely down and it started ticking like it was out of oil but it wasn't. So we were told it was either oil sensor or oil pump. So I called Hubler and told them we had another problem and they basically said fix it. You would think if you bought a $8000 vehicle you wouldn't have problems. Well we have drove it maybe a month out of going on 3 months and had nothing but problems.What is a person suposed to do.