Complaint Review: HUGHESNET

• Updated: Wed, June 19, 2013

• Reported By: gullible — Homestead Florida
HUGHESNET
Internet USA

HUGHESNET THree months ago, I was looking for an internet provider and unfortunatelly, stumble into Hughestnet, Internet

*Author of original report: SCAM

*UPDATE Employee: We're Here to Help

*General Comment: Sir...

I signed with Hughesnet as my Internet provider and since the moment the service was contracted, things stated going down hill. A week after I signed for the service, a couple of guys showed up in the mouse saying that that they were there to install the Internet satellite. I drove from work to accommodate this individual and after several hours, supposedly the system was installed and running. Before they left, I made them know that the service was not up to part and it was very very slow, I contracted a service for 20 Mbg and it was obviously not what I received,

by the way, absolutely no information was left at home regarding the services or what was installed. Called Hughesnet customer services a couple of days later because, due to the poor quality of the services, I could not sign in to Netflix, a service which I made them aware at purchasing that I do see periodically. After several hours supposedly the system was fixed, I believe them and accepted that it was so, did not use Netflix for several weeks but, my wife was having problems signing in with Skype.

Checked the speed called customer services with the intention of canceling the services, at that time all kind of promises were made and they were going to double the speed of the service at not additional charge to me. This situation kept on going for over a month, I kept on calling and talking to customer services in India. At the 2nd month I could not put up with it anymore and called and cancelled the services and at that time, they hit me with a termination fee of 196.00 dollars because, "I have had the service for over a month"

since I did not drop the service within that month I needed to pay a cancellation fee. Never during the purchase of the service or after the equipment was installed, I was made aware of this. I believe Hughesnet is the worst Internet service I have ever had I do not recommended it to anybody. It is BAD, UNRELIABLE, EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE and Customer Services is handle by persons who need a better dominion of the English language. Hughestnet is a SCAM; promise you a "unicorn" and one end up with a lemon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HUGHESNET/internet/HUGHESNET-THree-months-ago-I-was-looking-for-an-internet-provider-and-unfortunatelly-st-1060310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HUGHESNET

SCAM

AUTHOR: gullible - ()

No, I do have XFINITY and ATT Internet in my area, I believe your advertisement and really though you were selling a good product. Never during the purchase of the services I received your Term and Conditions nor your installer made me aware of any restriction with the service. Like I said, I called more than 3 times and never during with conversations with your customer service people I was instructed that I had 30 days to terminate the service. I was notified of it at termination of the service. I replace your service with XFINITY and the service is fantastic in comparison with the huarache I had with you.

We're Here to Help

AUTHOR: Sara for Hughes - ()

Hello Sir, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to help. If you wouldn't mind sending me your details I would be more than happy to connect with you to address your concerns, review your sales call and help with the early termination fee if applicable. Please send your account number or the phone number associated with your account, the name on the account and a link to this post to communitysupport@hughes.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Sara for Hughes

#3 General Comment

Sir...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Its in the contract that you signed with Hughes. As you went with Hughes, you must be in a area that doesnt have a internet backbone setup or youre too far away to get standard broadband. Hughes ends up being your only option. 10 to 1 your speed issues can be cleared up by useing a BOOSTER. Sometimes this helps, sometimes it doesnt. However. as you signed a contract with them for the services, you are bound by the conditions of your contract. That includes a "ETF" or Early Termination Fee". You can fight it if you wish, but if it can be proven that you signed the contract, then you may have to pay more. Sometimes its easier to pay and bail then let it go to collections. Hughes will always fall back on the "You should have read your contract FULLY before you signed it".

Neither the Courts or businesses that require a contract for services fall for "They didnt tell me" as a reason not to pay what you owe. As a legal adult, it falls on YOU the consumer to protect yourself by reading and understanding the Terms and conditions of that contract. Sorry but either you pay them or you keep the services and try to make do.