Complaint Review: HWA - HOME WARRANTY OF AMERICA

• Updated: Sun, November 20, 2011

• Reported By: PFITZ — ALLEN Texas United States of America
HWA - HOME WARRANTY OF AMERICA
PO BOX 850 Lincolnshire, Illinois United States of America

HWA - HOME WARRANTY OF AMERICA They purport to be available 24 hours a day, submitted service request on line today, called, no one there Lincolnshire, Illinois

*Author of original report: MUCH BETTER

*Consumer Comment: HWA HOME WARRANTY LIAR DEFAMATION & THIEFS

*Author of original report: Still No Help

This afternoon upon arriving home I tried to open my garage door with my remote and it didn't work, I went in the garage to discover the main spring had broken, I immediately filed an on line claim and waited for someone to call me.  Here is a quote from their Web page: "We ask how something can get done, rather than saying it can't be done.
That's why we're here for you 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, even on holidays. We know it's important to talk to someone when you're having a mechanical or other problem at your home. Even if it's just to place your claim; it's helpful to have taken that first step. And you can rest assured that HWA will get a qualified, licensed service contractor out to your home right away.

So after waiting 2-3 hours for a call back I tried calling them on their service line, just got messages that they would get a hold of me.  I finally called the "Emergency" line and was told that the office had been opened today until 6:00 and they didn't know why no one got a hold of me, BUT it was not an emergency and they couldn't page any one.  It might not have been an emergency in their mind but I have two new cars that now cannot be garaged tonight. We are expecting thunderstorms tonight, which in Texas also means the chance of Hail..

we have had coverage with them for 6 years at approx 500.00 a year premium, or 3000.00 payed in, I have 500.00 in claims in 6 years and they have been here a few times for stuff that they wouldn't cover so I paid the regular rate.

We came to do business with these guys through our Realtor here in Dallas, Virginia Cook, and they came recommended by the real estate company, I will be contacting the real estate agent and try to get them removed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2011 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HWA-HOME-WARRANTY-OF-AMERICA/Lincolnshire-Illinois-60069/HWA-HOME-WARRANTY-OF-AMERICA-They-purport-to-be-available-24-hours-a-day-submitted-ser-799952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HWA - HOME WARRANTY OF AMERICA

MUCH BETTER

AUTHOR: PFITZ - ()

Since this report was issued things have taken a complete 360 at HWA.  they are now seemingly fully committed to customer satisfaction.

HWA HOME WARRANTY LIAR DEFAMATION & THIEFS

AUTHOR: hwa bait&switch - ()

I entered into a home warranty contract with Home Warranty of America (HWA) with a premium package. The contract includes breakage in pipes and leaks including "Leaks and breaks of water, drain, gas, waste or vent lines." I had two problems with the pipes, one in the bedroom bathroom and one in the hallway bathroom. The plumber from A to Z Company came out on 5/2/2013 to inspect the situation and indicated that it was the pipes that were causing the water leaking. The claim was approved on the evening of 5/2/2013 to be repaired for the pipes. They stated that I would have to pay out of my own expense for grouting and tiling. I was quite upset because my tiles were falling off as a result of the water damage from the pipes within the walls and they refused to approve the claim. I then call on 5/3/2013 to speak to the supervisor, a female representative told me that "grouting and tiling" was not covered because they were excluded. I explained to them that these were not laid out in the exclusion as stipulated in the contract.

Aaron then called me after I get off the phone with the women representative and told me that none of the claims will be approved after further review. He said that my pipes were too old and aged and thus denied my claim. However, their website indicates otherwise deceptive bait and switch method. Refer to their website (https://www.hwahomewarranty.com/Professionals-Frequently-Asked-Questions) "What if my appliances and systems are old?

HWA covers older and newer homes. There are no age restrictions. No inspection is required. Any covered appliance or system that breaks down due to normal wear and tear that was in proper working order on the effective date of your warranty is covered."

They again and again denied the repair authorization saying that the plumber testified that the plumbing system is too old and rusted, yet when I call the plumber, he said nothing about my pipe being rusted.

HWA goes back and forth their contract, takes my premium payment and refuse to render an honest contractual transaction. I appreciate someone would intervene this unethical business practice.

Still No Help

AUTHOR: PFITZ - (USA)

So I finally got a hold of the people who are available 24X7 Even on Holidays after being blown off yesterday, was told NOTHING would be done today as it was not an emergency and they didn't want to pay overtime.  I asked to speak to a supervisor only to be told that the guy I was talking to was the final authority until tomorrow when someone would be available.  In the mean time I am stuck with cars exposed to weather, vandalism and other perils.

Tomorrow, Monday I will be contacting the Texas Insurance Commissioner and pointing out the lies posted on their website, as well as Virginia Cook Real Estate who does business with these guys, I will be making a point to NOT give them any more referrals..