- Report: #1087509
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hadeed Carpet Cleaning
Hadeed Carpet CleaningAlexandria, Washington DC 22314, Virginia USA
Hadeed Carpet Cleaning Mike Hadeed UP CHARGES, SCAM, CREATED TOXIC LIVING ENVIRONMENT/SEWAGE SMELL, REFUSED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY 22314 Virginia
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY-TRUST ME! I suspect most of the positive reviews of this company are people from inside the company writing them personally.
If you have any inclination to use this company, PLEASE READ THIS. We have had an absolutely terrible experience and disrespectful customer service from Mike Hadeed himself. I want to protect as many potential victims as possible from the horrific stench and asthmatic conditions they created in our home.
Here's a quick breakdown. After giving them about $1500, here's the service we received:
1. UP CHARGES in the hundreds before and after the call and cleaning.
2. SEWAGE SMELL. ABSOLUTELY unequipped to do wall-to-wall carpet cleaning. They made a mistake that left us living with the smell of SEWAGE (which appeared a few days after the cleaning, once the carpets were dry) for days until they could return to "fix it." (They NEVER FIXED IT and in fact, mike hadeed minimized, showed indifference, and made jokes about it/laughed about it to me on the phone--i guess it's not his home, rt?! ).
3. At first, acknowledged their mistakes over the phone, and told me that this sewage smell "happens sometimes," and they have an "enzyme" to "fix" it. This "fix" was also a lie--they arrived for 15 minutes and POURED A CONTAINER OF CONCENTRATED, CHEMICALIZED DEODORIZER OVER THE CARPET TO MASK THE SMELL OF SEWAGE.
4. Refused to do anything else to fix the problem, claimed to have refunded me $100 (LIES)---AND after making our home a place you don't want to be in or breathe in, they said the problem was that WE SHOULDN'T HAVE CLEANED THE CARPETS, we should have had them (FOR MORE MONEY) replace the carpet pad and offered me $150 Gift Cert towards more of their svcs.
5. When speaking with Mike Hadeed himself, he maneuvered the conversation any way he could to absolve himself of any responsibility or accountability. His tone was never sympathetic or apologetic and he tried to DENY and MINIMIZE the situation and tried to BLAME us for having difficult carpets (less than 4 year old carpets) or blame our pet (an adult fully potty trained, neutered 11 year old lab). And another representative, Jeff, tried to blame our cat (no cat has ever lived there, NO CAT has ever stepped foot on these carpets).
We feel like we've been conned out of more and more money and then treated very disrespectfully in the aftermath, so that the company doesn't have to make amends for their mistakes.
It's not enough that the wall-to-wall cleaning did not CLEAN the carpet; in fact, it looked the same in most areas and WORSE in other areas...(but we could have lived with a bad cleaning job)... But i cannot over-stress the smell they left behind...it was horrific.
My mother stopped by our house and couldn't bare to be there...it burned her nose, hurt her throat and inflamed her mild asthma. Very unhealthy living conditions.. Friends wouldn't stay and even our dog walker complained about her visits...
And Mike Hadeed has been absolutely rude and dismissive. As the cleaning team was leaving the house after the cleaning, (and obviously before the carpets were dry and stains visible and before the smell of sewage appeared), my significant other filled out a form and thanked them for their job and service and for working hard, because they seemed nice and my significant other is a very generous man who served in Iraq, and is always kind to anyone who is giving their time and providing a service. Mike Hadeed used the comments my bf wrote against us, saying that he has "proof" that we were happy, in case he has to prove it to my lawyer.
This all started two months ago, we still have not been able to put the furniture back in our rec room. Two months ago, in my first email after the smell appeared, all I wanted was two things:
1. a refund on one of the up charges--an odor neutralizer--that i didn't think was fair to pay for, since our house smelled a million times worse than before they charged us for it
2. i wanted them to come back and clean to fix the living conditions they caused.
They refused to do either at first, then they claimed to have refunded me $100 (lie), later claimed they'd refund me $250 (another lie), and then, instead, offered me the $150 GIFT CERTIFICATE for more of their svcs.
That's the basic breakdown...there is more to the story, but those are the foundational elements. All i can think is that if someone is elderly or disabled or easily strong-armed by these kinds of tactics, it is not fair that companies like this will take advantage. Consumers deserve to know what they're getting into and what they might have to deal with. If you've had experiences like this one, I encourage you to do like i plan to--use Yelp, Ripoff Report, report them to the BBB, and draft emails to your local news stations to protect potential consumers--especially those who can't protect themselves.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hadeed-Carpet-Cleaning/22314-Virginia/Hadeed-Carpet-Cleaning-Mike-Hadeed-UP-CHARGES-SCAM-CREATED-TOXIC-LIVING-ENVIRONMENTSEW-1087509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.