Complaint Review: Haldane

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2003

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
350 Bay Street, 9th Floor Toronto, Ontario Canada

Bernard Haldane Associates deceptive ripoff company ripoff preying on the unemployed Toronto Ontario

These guys are running a pretty good scam if they can afford a huge downtown office with some very impressive furniture to boot. I hope people read my story and the others on this board. Bad businesses/people like this give humanity a bad name.

Anyways, here's my story...

I got a "spam email" from www.jobhunting.com which requested I fill out a form to look further into their company. It was straight forward enough, like all the other forms recruiters make you fill out. And, I looked at the company website a bit, it looked pretty 'legit', it had a valid phone number and address, so I did it.

A day later, I got the call.

Two days later...I met the GM who had the corner office, John Gardner. He showed me in...looked me over with a quick glance. He asked me a few questions. Then he left me in his office to fill out the form or was it so I can admire his office...with pictures of his children...are they really his???...a few pictures of Gordie Howe...one even signed and in a custom picture frame...bought from the Hockey Hall of Fame gift shop down the street??? The office was 'dressed to impress' and so was Mr. Gardner.

After about ten minutes, he came back in and glanced through the form I had just filled out. "I like what you have written here about wanting to succeed", he said. "We are here to manage your career", he continued. "Would you be willing to pay a fee to get where you want to go?", he asked. "How much would that fee be?", I asked. "I don't know".

What a joke??? A GM who don't know how much they charge their clients. That was about the end of it for me. But he said he wanted to set up a second meeting because he thought he could get me a job overseas and wanted to meet my wife to get her approval on this matter. "Sure", I told him...just like I told the guy who tried to sell me some swamp land in South America last year.

I hope you pass this story on to your friends...beware of these people who prey upon the vulnerable.

Toronto, Ontario

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2003 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Haldane/Toronto-Ontario-M5H-2S6/Bernard-Haldane-Associates-deceptive-ripoff-company-ripoff-preying-on-the-unemployed-Toron-62386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Haldane