Complaint Review: Hale Fence Installation and Repair

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Sherri — Yoakum Texas United States of America
Hale Fence Installation and Repair
7201 Gemstone Dr Bryan, Texas United States of America

Hale Fence Installation and Repair Paul Hale Ripped my husband and my self off, cashed a check for half down which he required to purchase supplies. Six months has gone by and we had to pay another contractor to do job. Bryan, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Why Did You Pay Any Money Up Front?

Hired Mr. Hale to construct a new fence at our home in College Station, Texas which is a rental property.  He required Half down so he could order supplies.  I mailed the check and he cashed it, I thought it was strange when the bank called me and ask if I had written him a check, he was trying to cash it.

He promised the fence would be up by the first football game.  Neighbors have dogs so when the fence was torn down it had to be put back up ASAP!  He came and tore down one side and did not come back for days.  The renters tore down the rest to move the project along. Five months later we hired another contractor to come put up a fence, we had neighbors that now hated us because they had no place for there dogs.

We called him no less than 100 times and 100 times he gave another excuse and then refused to answer his calls.  We lost alot of money and faith in people.

I hope people will read this before making the same very costly mistake we made.  This man is a real loser.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hale-Fence-Installation-and-Repair/Bryan-Texas-77808/Hale-Fence-Installation-and-Repair-Paul-Hale-Ripped-my-husband-and-my-self-off-cashed-a-1016925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hale Fence Installation and Repair

Why Did You Pay Any Money Up Front?

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

I have posted many comments on this webwite because I own a fence company in Georgia; Lawrenceville Fence, and I have never, nor will I ask for any money in advance of the fence being installed. Why would you conduct business with a company that does not have enough money to purchase your materials? That should tell you something about the people you are dealing with.

The only thing I can think of is that you are like so many other people looking for a fence installation, you are looking for the cheapest price you can get and this is what you end up with, being Ripped Off. You get what you pay for.