Complaint Review: Half Price TV, STAR Communications, Family Fun Pass

• Submitted: Sat, March 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 11, 2006

• Reported By:Albany Georgia
Half Price TV, STAR Communications, Family Fun Pass
6433 Topanga Canyon Blvd. PMB402 Canoga Park, California U.S.A.

Half Price TV, STAR Communications, Family Fun Pass Rip OFF Pay close attention Canoga Park California

I received a call around November or December of 2005 about being chosen to get a $500 shopping spree to any store of my choice, coupons for discounts to various theme parks, and a discount on television and all I had to pay was a one time fee of $4.95. I verified a check payment over the phone. I received coupons for a discount on theme parks but no shopping spree and no coupons for discount on paying half of television cost.

When I received my bank statement I saw there were two fees of $4.95 withdrawn from my account and a fee of $119.90 had been withdrawn for HalfPrice TV when I haven't received anything from them. I contacted my bank and they printed out the checks that had been withdrawn along with numbers and told me to contact the companies. I called and asked that everything be cancelled and that I wasn't interested in anything else. I asked for them to deposit what was taken out of my account back in and they said they would mail a refund check that would take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive to me.

It has now been 2 months. When I try to call now they're phone is not working properly so there is no way to get in contact with them now. I hope there is something that could be done about this very soon and put a stop to these kind of companies because it has given me a bad prespective on all companies that try to do busniess over the phone.

Courtney
Albany, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2006 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Half-Price-TV-STAR-Communications-Family-Fun-Pass/Canoga-Park-California-91303/Half-Price-TV-STAR-Communications-Family-Fun-Pass-Rip-OFF-Pay-close-attention-Canoga-Pa-180605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half Price TV, STAR Communications, Family Fun Pass